Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

want to lower my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 02:20 PM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

The car in your avatar looks like mine before any of my modifications. If that's the case, you might like this; here are some pictures of my car after the springs were installed to give you an idea of what you can expect.

(Right after spring installation, before the springs settled in.)

Old 07-12-2015, 05:37 PM
harleycharlie

thanks for the pics and info!! The car looks good. I know what a panhard rod does, but I didn't understand why I would need it just lowering the car. I see your point now. I will deal with this soon
Old 07-16-2015, 09:20 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

I would suggest a panhard bar that is adjustable while on the car. There are some that require you to remove the bolt from one side, adjust, then install again. That's a pain. When I adjust mine, I hang a plumb bob from each fender, and then adjust the bar while a helper directs me to when everything is center.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:39 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz
I would suggest a panhard bar that is adjustable while on the car. There are some that require you to remove the bolt from one side, adjust, then install again. That's a pain. When I adjust mine, I hang a plumb bob from each fender, and then adjust the bar while a helper directs me to when everything is center.
What he said! That's why I like that BMR bar I sent the link to.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:56 PM
harleycharlie

springs are supposed to be delivered today. Koni shocks are backordered. Most likely will put the rears in this week, and obviously wait for the shocks to do the fronts. will deal with the panhard rod when I see where everything ends up. Will put some pics here, if they ever let me. I'm on a few forums, and this is the only one you have to be a month to post pics
Old 07-17-2015, 07:51 PM
SuperFast2Twenty

I read an article from one of the guys at Roush. They said if you want to lower the car an inch, all you have to do is put 275/40/xx tires on the car. 05+ I believe.

The 235/55/xx tires that come with the car are really tall. Do you have those?
Old 07-17-2015, 07:56 PM
SuperFast2Twenty

Apologies for retarded post. Misread your intentions.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:32 PM
Epona
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by harleycharlie
springs are supposed to be delivered today. Koni shocks are backordered. Most likely will put the rears in this week, and obviously wait for the shocks to do the fronts. will deal with the panhard rod when I see where everything ends up. Will put some pics here, if they ever let me. I'm on a few forums, and this is the only one you have to be a month to post pics
When I dropped my rear about 2" if I remember correctly the rear end was askew about 1/4" if that. Don't know if that's a big deal or not, but before I adjusted the panhard bar, I could tell it was off visually if I stared at it straight from behind.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:42 PM
harleycharlie

Originally Posted by Epona
When I dropped my rear about 2" if I remember correctly the rear end was askew about 1/4" if that. Don't know if that's a big deal or not, but before I adjusted the panhard bar, I could tell it was off visually if I stared at it straight from behind.
thats off a lot!! I have worked on cars for 47 years, (I should have learned to sing or dance!) but all have been IRS cars lowering them presented different problems but never left to right issues, so this is new to me, like a lot of other stuff with this car. Product knowledge is huge. So I listen, to guys like you who have had to deal with the eccentricities of the brand. I ordered a little earlier today, an adjustable panhard rod, as it seems to be a part of the process of lowering a mustang!! Thanks for taking time to confirm that I didn't waste my money!! Keep me on my toes, and maybe I can someday pass my wealth of knowledge onto others. (As long as it about Mercedes/BMW autos! Ya, I know cars are cars! but not really!)

Last edited by harleycharlie; 07-17-2015 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:39 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by harleycharlie
thats off a lot!! I have worked on cars for 47 years, (I should have learned to sing or dance!) but all have been IRS cars lowering them presented different problems but never left to right issues, so this is new to me, like a lot of other stuff with this car. Product knowledge is huge. So I listen, to guys like you who have had to deal with the eccentricities of the brand. I ordered a little earlier today, an adjustable panhard rod, as it seems to be a part of the process of lowering a mustang!! Thanks for taking time to confirm that I didn't waste my money!! Keep me on my toes, and maybe I can someday pass my wealth of knowledge onto others. (As long as it about Mercedes/BMW autos! Ya, I know cars are cars! but not really!)
Cool! Can't wait to see the car lowered! You'd better post up pics!

Quick Reply: want to lower my car