Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Race Star Wheels

Old 07-18-2015, 02:02 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Default Installing Race Star Wheels

So as many of you know that drag race star wheels can be a pain in the butt to install. I have certainly had my fare share of headaches. Half a day getting them on. Stripped studs. Just sitting there at times thinking is it worth it putting these things on. Of course Id always continue on b/c i wanted my slicks on. Ive been messing with them for the last 4 or 5 years. My first two years I went through alot of studs. I still have a few of the original studs right around half if i had to guess. Anyway the last two seasons I have seem to have found a way that works well for me and thought id share.

After removing the street tires, I put the hub centric rings inside the rim rather than putting them on the hub first.

So basically when u put the hub centric rings on the wheels and then put your wheels on the car, it centers them up so you can put the lugs on.

I know in this pic it doesnt look like they are centered but they are. You might have to fiddle with rim just a little bit but not nearly as much as I have had to in the past. Also make sure you put the washers on correctly before tightening them. One side will read wheel side and thats the side that should face the wheels. When putting them on this way you will not have to use a screw driver or any other tool to keep them from getting stuck. I still try to keep the studs at 6oclock when putting them on but when i do the rears i dont always do that and still do not have a problem putting them on.

I hope this will help some of you as i can certainly relate to the frustrations.

Last edited by outceltj; 07-18-2015 at 02:05 AM.