Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Help

Old 07-19-2015, 04:09 PM
Tryon91

Default Tuning Help

Hey everyone this is my very first post! Well to get down to the nitty gritty i have an 07 Gt 5sp with a cold air intake, Bama T-1000 programer, flowmaster H-pipe exhaust, with the stock 3.31 gears. Now i guess my biggest question is when i tried out my 0-60 timer on my bama, my best run was about 6.2 seconds. All the research I've done on these cars says i should be getting around 5.2 seconds and feel like this is due to the low gears. Seeing some 4.10's in my near future. Any advice would help!
Old 07-20-2015, 03:43 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tryon91
Hey everyone this is my very first post! Well to get down to the nitty gritty i have an 07 Gt 5sp with a cold air intake, Bama T-1000 programer, flowmaster H-pipe exhaust, with the stock 3.31 gears. Now i guess my biggest question is when i tried out my 0-60 timer on my bama, my best run was about 6.2 seconds. All the research I've done on these cars says i should be getting around 5.2 seconds and feel like this is due to the low gears. Seeing some 4.10's in my near future. Any advice would help!

Hey Tryon91 - Welcome to MustangForums! Sounds like you've hit the ground running with mods and you know your way around your car pretty well as it is and for an 11 year old car and how much it weighs I think those times are actually pretty good.

There's a few things that can be done here to drop these times and while a set of Ford Racing 4.10's would help immensely I'm a little more curious/concerned on your drive time/commute to and from work.

While they would totally transform how the car runs on a daily basis the downside to them is that they'll inherently raise your RPM's which is going to result in a decreased fuel consumption. You can definitely go with a set of 3.73's as anything from the 3.31's will be a night and day change but for the money right now I would suggest taking a look at your suspension!

My '08 has some pretty healthy bolt-ons and I neglected my suspension last (I know, I know) and I threw a set of J&M Lower Control Arms on the car and it really helped with traction off the line as well as pushing the car through turns on backroads.

The install is a little tedious but with the right tools and a free afternoon you'd have them on in a few hours and I think they're worth their weight in gold!

Here's what a few other guys have said about them too. Let me know if you have any questions and I'm here to help.

Name:  JM%20CAPTURE_zpsuu3cxpu8.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  88.0 KB
Old 07-20-2015, 07:06 PM
Tryon91

Default Tuning Help

Thank you very much for your time and the compliments! My car only has fifty thousand miles on it so it still runs like new. As far as traction is concerned I'm running sumitomo 275 40 r18s on the back and 255 45 r18s on the front so it's near impossible to break traction lol. I've read nothing but good things about the 4.10s in the manuals and since I won't be doing much highway driving anymore I definitely don't fear the gear. I'm just mainly thinking is the timer in the programmer that's not being accurate since the 0to60 test I do with it is starts on the movement of the car instead of a timer so they're is no reaction time factor
Old 07-22-2015, 08:21 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tryon91
Thank you very much for your time and the compliments!

My car only has fifty thousand miles on it so it still runs like new. As far as traction is concerned I'm running sumitomo 275 40 r18s on the back and 255 45 r18s on the front so it's near impossible to break traction lol.

I've read nothing but good things about the 4.10s in the manuals and since I won't be doing much highway driving anymore I definitely don't fear the gear.

I'm just mainly thinking is the timer in the programmer that's not being accurate since the 0to60 test I do with it is starts on the movement of the car instead of a timer so they're is no reaction time factor

Tyron - Anytime!

Sounds like she's definitely been babied and I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the car so much.

Definitely don't fear the gear then. Hands down 4.10's would be the best thing for you then if you're looking for a night and day difference. They make the car feel 100% different and they'll completely change the driving dynamics.

I'm hearing you loud and clear on the timing too - At the end of the day it could honestly be reading incorrectly and there's a couple other ways to get out there and test this if you're dead set on nailing your 0-60 times.

Keep me in the loop if you're to have any other questions, I'm a PM away.

Alex