Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help out with next mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 04:15 PM
duffman668

Default Help out with next mods

Car is an 07 GT Premium 5 speed 4.6 3v. I am trying to enter the coveted 11 second 1/4 mile S197 N/A category with my car. I have been doing mods like crazy since buying the car but my biggest problem is I don't know where the car is at in terms of power and time at the moment but I was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions as to other mods I may look at. Currently I have:

3.73 Gears
Steeda CAI
SLP Axle Back Exhaust
Bama x4 93 octane tune
Delete Plates
Lower and upper control arms
OR X pipe
Ford Racing strut tower brace

And I am about to add Eibach springs to the car. Short of Cams, weight reduction, drag radials and of course driver mod, is there anything else I can do bolt on wise? I still want it to be comfortable driving on the road (which is why it has 3.73 gears) and I am trying to keep it N/A. I appreciate your input guys. Thanks.

Last edited by duffman668; 03-12-2018 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:27 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Supercharger.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:18 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by duffman668
Short of Cams, weight reduction, drag radials and of course driver mod, is there anything else I can do bolt on wise?
Suspension, suspension, suspension, and more weight reduction.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:41 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by movielover40
Supercharger.

Agreed.. Is it even possible to get a Bolt On S197 into the 11s? I know for sure you would have to be a helluva driver.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:15 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

It looks like some of your mods are not doing you much good in a naturally aspirated setup: Injectors, coil packs, throttle body. These would be great for a supercharger setup.
As far as what would help, underdrive pulley, electric water pump, sticky tires. Cams as you stated would be the best as you could bump up the redline with a springs required camshaft. Beyond all that maybe consider a nitrous kit.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:50 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Agreed.. Is it even possible to get a Bolt On S197 into the 11s? I know for sure you would have to be a helluva driver.
Yeah it's possible and like you said, you'd have to be one helluva driver.
The key elements are power, suspension, tires, weight reduction, and driver. You'll need a weight/power ratio of 10lb/rwhp or better (with driver) to have any chance of getting 11's.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:47 PM
duffman668

Thanks for the input guys. Very much appreciated. And yeah it is very possible to get them into the 11's. Project BoB did it with these Mods:

- Pro 5.0 Shifter
- SCT X3 Tuner
- BBK X-Pipe with Cats
- BBK 1 5/8" Long Tube Headers
- Ford Racing Axle Back Exhaust
- JLT Cold Air Intake
- 4.10 Gears
- Ford Racing Cobra Jet Drag Race Spring Kit
- BMR Single Adjustable Lower Control Arms
- BMR Single Adjustable Upper Control Arm
- BMR Front Swaybar Delete
- BMR Rear Swaybar Relocation Kit
- Steeda Aluminum Driveshaft
- Bogart Racing Wheels with MT ET Streets
- Rear Seat & Passenger Seat Removed

And I am assuming perfect conditions all the way around lol. I know Matt DaSilva's 05 Mustang was near the 10's N/A, but he had that thing gutted to the point it would be uncomfortable to drive on the streets. I think it weighs just above 3000lbs. I have to wait until Spring to see where I am at, which is my biggest problem. Can't know where to go without knowing where you are at ;-).

I love the SuperCharger idea. And I do plan on that one day. But I don't currently have 5-6k laying around just for car mods sadly. Donations are very much appreciated though lol.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:05 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by duffman668
Thanks for the input guys. Very much appreciated. And yeah it is very possible to get them into the 11's. Project BoB did it with these Mods:

- Pro 5.0 Shifter
- SCT X3 Tuner
- BBK X-Pipe with Cats
- BBK 1 5/8" Long Tube Headers
- Ford Racing Axle Back Exhaust
- JLT Cold Air Intake
- 4.10 Gears
- Ford Racing Cobra Jet Drag Race Spring Kit
- BMR Single Adjustable Lower Control Arms
- BMR Single Adjustable Upper Control Arm
- BMR Front Swaybar Delete
- BMR Rear Swaybar Relocation Kit
- Steeda Aluminum Driveshaft
- Bogart Racing Wheels with MT ET Streets
- Rear Seat & Passenger Seat Removed

And I am assuming perfect conditions all the way around lol. I know Matt DaSilva's 05 Mustang was near the 10's N/A, but he had that thing gutted to the point it would be uncomfortable to drive on the streets. I think it weighs just above 3000lbs. I have to wait until Spring to see where I am at, which is my biggest problem. Can't know where to go without knowing where you are at ;-).

I love the SuperCharger idea. And I do plan on that one day. But I don't currently have 5-6k laying around just for car mods sadly. Donations are very much appreciated though lol.
All Supercharger don't cost 5-6 grand. I followed the 1500 Supercharger build (used parts) and ended up paying a little over 2 grand for my set up including a Anderson Powerpipe. By The Way I did in
between missions while deployed to Afaghnastain. You just have to go online and start looking.

Last edited by Soldier GT; 01-01-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:55 PM
duffman668

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
All Supercharger don't cost 5-6 grand. I followed the 1500 Supercharger build (used parts) and ended up paying a little over 2 grand for my set up including a Anderson Powerpipe. By The Way I did in
between missions while deployed to Afaghnastain. You just have to go online and start looking.
I do like the sound of a $2,000 super charger setup. Did that price include any internal modifications? I've read the internals on the 3v leave a lot to be desired. How much PSI are you running?
Old 01-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

[QUOTE=duffman668;8523009]I do like the sound of a $2,000 super charger setup. Did that price include any internal modifications? I've read the internals on the 3v leave a lot to be desired. How much PSI are you running?[/QUOTE

I'm running only 13psi. My fuel pump ran out of fuel (single AEM 325lph). Man you must have heard about the 2V internals. If I'm not mistaken a 3V with stock internals can go for 475- 500 rwhp. Could be wrong though. let me know if you're interested (or any MFer) and I'll send it you. It has the complete list of what parts are needed for a SC build, price and where I bought it from. I could have easily hit the 1500 mark but as stated earlier I bought extra parts.

Quick Reply: Help out with next mods