Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need buying advise

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 01:16 PM
08hybridok

Thanks. And the black top? normal or already replaced?

Looking at the head on pic, does the lower right air dam/grill look to be damaged?

Fair price? above/below for physical condition? (indicating mechanical issues)
Old 04-10-2016, 01:25 PM
08hybridok

So looking at that one, and this one in Dallas, it an 05, has the stripe, no fogs (on either, pretty sure that will be a mod done quickly).
But the door panels are different, one in plastic brown, the other has the 'meshy' looking fabric. I know they're 3 years apart, but does that mean anything else (ie trim/option levels?)
The dallas one the top looks dirty, black marks, normal for age? just needs a good scrubbing, or ending it's life?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2680/overview/
Old 04-10-2016, 02:12 PM
08hybridok

Didn't think of looking up window stickers..
the 08, had tape strip delete (the "mustang stripe" I presume), shaker 500, leather added, spoiler added, and black vinyl top.

Couldn't get the 05 to load.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:00 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Convertibles are fun on about 5 days a year! The rest of the time they are a negative especially if you have any allergies! They look great with a 19 year old blonde girl driving them.... but I'm neither! LOL! Also with a lot of Mustangs they look better with the coupe roofline. Extra cost & extra problems specially in older cars.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:08 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Disagree, convertibles are great for 6 months out of the year up north here and are no detriment during the other 6 especially if garage kept. The heaters and AC are great in this car. They do have the added care of the convertible top, but well worth it in my opinion for the enjoyment of being able to drop the top.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:26 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
So looking at that one, and this one in Dallas, it an 05, has the stripe, no fogs (on either, pretty sure that will be a mod done quickly).
But the door panels are different, one in plastic brown, the other has the 'meshy' looking fabric. I know they're 3 years apart, but does that mean anything else (ie trim/option levels?)
The dallas one the top looks dirty, black marks, normal for age? just needs a good scrubbing, or ending it's life?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2680/overview/
Usually the windveil blue cars came with the tan top - hard to say if it is is a replacement. Given the age, a dirty top could be all that you are seeing on the other one.

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Convertibles are fun on about 5 days a year! The rest of the time they are a negative especially if you have any allergies! They look great with a 19 year old blonde girl driving them.... but I'm neither! LOL! Also with a lot of Mustangs they look better with the coupe roofline. Extra cost & extra problems specially in older cars.
Originally Posted by ucinn
Disagree, convertibles are great for 6 months out of the year up north here and are no detriment during the other 6 especially if garage kept. The heaters and AC are great in this car. They do have the added care of the convertible top, but well worth it in my opinion for the enjoyment of being able to drop the top.
I've already had the top down twice here in Michigan! I drive mine year round. Convertibles are great everywhere, you California guys don't get that pleasure of the first drop of the top for the year like we do.

Although today was not a day to drop the top
Name:  20160410_135459_zpsyaovay1v.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  398.7 KB
Old 04-10-2016, 03:33 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
That's just not true. Take a freakin zyrtec! Jeez. A bit of a Debbie Downer aren't you?
Old 04-10-2016, 04:05 PM
08hybridok

Thanks!

I live in Bi-Polar Oklahoma, so it can be 100+ all summer and singles in the winter; but avg is 90's & 40's for highs.
Do they have wind noise when closed up? That does annoy me.

Does the door panel mean anything significant?