Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Minor mechanical help requested please.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:53 PM
PASTANGGT

Default Minor mechanical help requested please.

Hello forum!

I just recently got a fun car again after many years doing without.

2012 Mustang GT.

Tonight I received a package from JLT Performance containing my 3.0 Oil Separator......and have a little issue.

It had the older version prior, and I wanted to upgrade as the location laying diagonal over my passenger side valve cover looked lousy, not to mention it wasn't straight up and down....their old design for supercharged cars.....live and learn.

Well I disconnected the piece from the valve cover, then supercharger, and the last squeeze clamp (there were two actually) behind the reducer, per common sense and their directions.

There is a black piece of connector extending of the last hose that goes back behind my engine on the firewall side that stops laterally to my supercharger and when I tried to remove it very very carefully with a towl and my fingers, it was a no-go.

Then the same gentle way with pliers...and the thing got brittle over time apparently and cracked....so not the thing is stuck a good inch in the rubber hose with a cracked end of connector from the prior set up where I need to plug in the new male connector to that same hose end. My issue is how do I save from cutting an already very short piece of hose that will just work as is and get this stinking thing out without 1.) breaking off a little loose piece of plastic and have it fall back in the hose, and 2) not shearing it off with the hose.....

To be up front, I'm not the kind of guy who worked on his own stuff growing up a whole lot. I have an oil change appointment next week, and don't think it'd be wise to start the car like this and drive there. Any good ideas? I considered a hair dryer to heat the hose and try to give a last hoorah yank on the plastic piece but other than that I'm not sure.

Thanks for any and all help!

PASTANGGT
Old 12-14-2016, 06:59 PM
PASTANGGT

New piece on right side that needs to go in the hose on the left after that black piece protruding out of it is removed.

Old 12-15-2016, 02:01 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Crush (crack) the black protruding piece with pliers and pull the pieces of the black connector out. Don't crush the hose to accomplish this though or try to shove any type of hose separator between the plastic piece and the fitting, you'll break the hose.

Had this happen to me on my brake booster hose when my brake booster check valve broke. The plastic was so brittle that it snapped the hard plastic fitting right where it went into the brake booster hose. I was able to use some needle nose pliers to slowly break up the nozzle that was stuck and pulled out the bits. I still managed to get a small tear in the hose. Luckily it was long enough where I clipped about 3/8" off the end to get to a better spot.

Last edited by Derf00; 12-20-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Search this Thread