Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOGGY Fog Lights...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 12:10 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Default RE: FOGGY Fog Lights...

Ford blew the design on these from the get-go. They are too big (should be smaller than the headlights) and they are positioned higher that than headlights on a horizontal plane (just stupid). Honestly I can't stand the overdose of plastic that makes up the 05-06 grill; holding the pony and lights as well in plastic forms. I'm trying to find out if a Saleen grill will fit stock opening; maybe add real fog lights down below later. CDC honeycomb grill on the way eventually. Sorry that GT grill and fog light design is inexcusable; cost savings or not. Mine may be foggy but they'll be in a box where noone will see them (lol).

06 GT, black on parchment, 5-speed, spoiler delete, is due to arrive at the dealership in a few days.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:58 AM
Gloves
2nd Gear Member

I haven't gotten a response from Mustang yet but i got a surprise gift in the mail when MAGLITE came through with a free reflector disk and some cool literature!

Way to go MAGLITE!

Old 11-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

WAY to GO Gloves!

Dayum... Maglight has better customer service then Ford does.

GM cutting 30,000 jobs... geezzzz... I wonder how long before Ford follows suite.

Still no responce from Ford Customer Service beyond the note saying they have received my complaint.

I guess that last remaining person they have in the Complaint department is probably swamped with stuff! - - or there is nobody there and all those complaints are just pileing up in a room!
Old 11-23-2005, 04:06 AM
official_style

my first set was like this. then the little black things inside them popped out, since i was using yellow fog bulbs. they were stock wattage and still popped out, so i put the stock bulbs in, and said WTF to the dealer. they gave me new fogs, and they are perfectly clear, the way they are supposed to be. so pop out them black things and go complain and u get new fogs!!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:53 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Update - yes... it has been THREE YEARS.

My car is in the shop getting those "last minute" details done before my warrantee expires. (This coming June!)

The FINAL WORD from Ford – at the Executive Level of Customer Service, is that Ford will NOT replace my fog lights. In part, they explain that the majority of the fog lights have the fog issue, and the odds that the replacements will be equal or maybe worse then the set I already have are so good it isn’t worth the effort. The dealership that has my car ran out and looked as several of the 2008’s they have on their lot – and indeed, the fog lights on those cars have the smoky haze in them. The service department expressed surprise at the whole affair.

Kudos to Dave Sinclair Ford in South St. Louis, for at least trying one last time to get my issue resolved.

Here is what I believe. Ford contracted – probably with China or Taiwan - to manufacture a bazillion fog lights to cover the entire production run of Mustangs… Since ALL the lights have the issue, it would have been way to expensive to have them reproduced. Since all the mustangs on the road have the issue, it now, would be too expensive to recall them or do a TSB on them.

Since the majority of Ford buyers are not all that quality aware, the majority of them would never notice the haze, and probably the majority of the ones that do, will accept it as being not all that bad and will “live with it”.

Ford is strapped for cash these days, and any place they can cut costs – they will.

Don’t get me wrong - - - I absolutely LOVE my Mustang. But now that I own a Ford, my impression of the company overall is “Ford makes cheap cars”. And if I want a “Quality Car” I have to go to a Quality Car Company, like Audi or BMW. I mean, lets be real – BMW would NEVER have let lights like those fogs on our GT’s make it off of the factory floor!

To drive this point home - - I had my car in an open car show. The guy next to me was displaying his customized BMW M3 Convertible. We were talking about my Fog Light issue to which he replied quite matter-of-fact, “What did you expect – it’s a Ford?” I could not argue his point!

A FINAL NOTE: To those of you having FORD parts installed on your car by FORD Dealerships thinking that doing so will keep it under the warrantee.

I have a FORD Auto dimming mirror, which was installed by the dealership through which I purchased my car. It is now Loose and Wobbly… I have my car at another dearship for my final Warrantee work, and the mirror is one of the items on the hit list. I learned today that the Mirror – even though a Ford mirror installed by a Ford dealership is NOT Covered under the Warrantee. They tell me that the best chance of getting it replaced or repaired is to take it back to the dealership that installed it.

SO: If you have a Ford ad-on installed by a Ford Dealership - - KNOW that only the dealership that installed the item will do any warrantee work on that particular item.

Such is Life – so Enjoy!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:02 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Turn em on and let them heat up and maybe the condensate
will disappear. There is a vent of some sorts on the rear of the
reflector near the top.The foggynesscomes from shutting the
foglights off in high humidity (like foggy days) and they cool
down and moisture laden air is then drawn in thru the vent. []
Old 05-13-2008, 11:14 AM
torch red
4th Gear Member

WOW..Welcome back PW..been a long time..