Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Been About 5 Years...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Default It's Been About 5 Years...

For those who may remember, I used to be on here all the time back when I was in high school. Had big plans - life had other ones.

THAT BEING SAID, I now have a lot more time, patience, and know how... And a college degree. And I'm making far more money than I was at the time. Not great, but I'm still making twice what I was then, and hopefully that'll increase further when my new company gets off the ground soon.

So, when I left off I had a tuned 06GT with a CAI and exhaust, lowered on Eibach springs, with scoops and quarter louvers, and some interior mods.

Since that time, the following damage has been done to my car, and plans been made.

Let's start with the dumbest thing first. I've been driving around with no antenna for the past 5 years. I ordered an 8 inch last night, ahaha

Last August I had new rear calipers put on, 4 new Monroe shock/struts, new LCA bushings, new front tie rods, and new front sway bar links. It was hard to believe the car was driving when I saw the condition of the components I was having yanked off.

I also had all 8 spark plugs replaced.

Subwoofers no longer work. Just need a new amp and to reseal the subwoofer box. That might be done next week. I'm going to upgrade the door speakers while I'm at it.

The quarter window scoops fell off - or at least one of them did. This actually happened 3 years ago, and I've just been too cheap to get new ones. I'd actually prefer to buy them used and have the kids at the local paint school paint them.

I seriously marred my wheels when I was trying to impress my now ex GF with my parallel parking skills... That I don't have - or at least I didn't.

Those are getting sanded and plasti dipped this weekend, pending a new set of wheels this summer when I'm working even more than I am now. Possibly sooner, if the weather gets any better and lets me work more.

Right rocker panel needs repainted. That'll be done with my next check. I've also considered pulling off both rocker panels and spraycanning them dark purple, to go with the dark purple racing stripe I'm having cut as soon as I find a local vinyl cutter.

New hood is going to go on this Spring. I'm not sure if I'm doing that or the wheels first - sort of depends on how decent I can get the current wheels with plasti dip and sand paper.

My interior LED lights are being fixed as soon as I get a warm enough day that I can crack open my console and trace the grounding. Roll of duct tape should do the trick on that.

New X pipe is going on in the early summer. Would like to find one used if I can, but it shouldn't be an issue if I can't.

Going to look into doing the LED door sill plate as well.

I'm also going to shelve plans to buy my cousin's 1965 Mustang GT Fastback and invest in a daily driver. I'm going to make my father an offer on the high mileage 09 F150 base model. It hasn't driven quite right since someone ran a red light and tore the front end off, but the engine is strong and it drives in a straight line, and its fine cosmetically. It just - vibrates kind of funny at a stop. Can't figure out why. One of the coils went bad and after getting that replaced the vibration isn't nearly as bad, but that's another topic for a different forum.

Any opinions?
Old 02-09-2017, 11:31 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I to use to scroll this forum up and down every day for about 4 to 5 years. Back then the traffic was high. You could post a question and have instant replies or so it seemed. Lots of a good ideas. I guess the nostalgia has worn off. I have just recently started thumbing through the forum a little bit. To my surprise it is much slower but I guess thats how it goes.

Anyway sounds like your learning. As you get older and more responsible your earnings should go up and if you starting a business then thats great. Just work hard and if it works out great and if it doesn't don't let that hold you back. My first business did not work out but my second has.

As far as what your doing to your car sounds great. More power to ya. Im guessing your gonna keep it for some time. I to have louvers on my car and I don't think i could handle having one missing.

Might I ask what your kind of service your company provides?

What area Indiana you from. IM south of lafayette about 30 minutes in the country
Old 02-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

There's a lot of that going around. I haven't been on here in forever. Maybe it's the itch of getting the car out when we finally get some decent weather here in Wisconsin.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:27 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Welcome back...

Wise choice not buying the 65 Mustang.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:14 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Anyway sounds like your learning. As you get older and more responsible your earnings should go up and if you starting a business then thats great. Just work hard and if it works out great and if it doesn't don't let that hold you back. My first business did not work out but my second has.

As far as what your doing to your car sounds great. More power to ya. Im guessing your gonna keep it for some time. I to have louvers on my car and I don't think i could handle having one missing.

Might I ask what your kind of service your company provides?

What area Indiana you from. IM south of lafayette about 30 minutes in the country
We're doing aerial photography with drones - thermal imaging, actually. I'm in Greenwood just South of Indy.

And I didn't drive around with 1 missing - I just - yanked the other one off and it's laying in my attic with all the other random Mustang parts I have in there lol

Originally Posted by Tracedaddy
There's a lot of that going around. I haven't been on here in forever. Maybe it's the itch of getting the car out when we finally get some decent weather here in Wisconsin.
Possibly, and maybe that I'm getting some free time now. Probably both lol

Originally Posted by movielover40
Welcome back...

Wise choice not buying the 65 Mustang.
Mark my words, I will buy one eventually lol

Update: after much fiddling, swearing, and burning the hell out of my finger on a soldering iron, my interior LED's are fixed!

Last edited by Young_Gun; 02-13-2017 at 08:21 PM.