Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 mustang gt problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 09:15 AM
brandon7

Default 2007 mustang gt problem

hello mustang family in was wondering if you guys and gals could help me with a problem I'm having so my car decided to run like crap and still is I used one of my buddies scan tools and it's saying that every one of my coil packs are bad which is funny because I just replaced them 4000 miles ago so what could be causing this to make the computer read bad.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:34 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

All of them are bad? Either that scan tool is reading wrong or you have a wiring problem affecting all the coils. If it was just one coil I'd say you got a dud, but all of them is either wiring or if the car is tuned, there's something wrong with the tune. Could be the sparkplugs too I guess or the coil boots if you only changed the coils and not the boots.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:17 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by brandon7
hello mustang family in was wondering if you guys and gals could help me with a problem I'm having so my car decided to run like crap and still is I used one of my buddies scan tools and it's saying that every one of my coil packs are bad which is funny because I just replaced them 4000 miles ago so what could be causing this to make the computer read bad.

I'm going to ask a few simple questions.

What made you replace your previous coils?
What brand of coils did you use?
Do you still have your old coils?