Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with blend door actuator replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 02:30 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Mine probably hasn't failed because I keep mine on max cool all the time. Pollution out here is so bad the last thing I want is "fresh" air coming into the cabin.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:59 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
So it seems that the only difference between the two is that the BA has some sort of optical sensor (I assume) inside and the mounting alignment slot is different. So I just took the new part, added the sensor and trimmed the slot and put it in. Seems to work but I have one question for you guys.

Does the defroster normally turn on when you run the foot AC setting? Everything seems normal except the defrost stays on for the foot setting and I dont know if thats right.
Looking at the dial with the person sitting (far right controller on the HVAC system), are you turning the dial to the left or right of the 'O'? If it's to the right and you just selected the first one, it should not turn on the dash defrost panel. If you use the second or third setting to the right of 'O' it will turn on the dash defrost panel.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:59 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by flash_xx
Mine probably hasn't failed because I keep mine on max cool all the time. Pollution out here is so bad the last thing I want is "fresh" air coming into the cabin.
Hah, fingers crossed then if/when you finally do change things. I never use my defrost setting and one day when I did, after 5 years of not, SNAP! and it stuck....