Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing Raxiom headlights. Tips and tricks.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 12:36 AM
SinnyD

Default Replacing Raxiom headlights. Tips and tricks.

Hello M'Fers, how are ya? I'm going to be replacing my headlights as soon as they arrive in the mail and was wondering if anybody here has done that....looking for best way to go about removing the front bumper. Looks like that will be the hardest part. Car in sig.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:17 AM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

removing bumper is very easy, just start at the wheel wells, then remove the bottom and top push pins and screws and it will literally fall off. Make note of which screw goes where. I've taken mine off more times than I can count. If it's your first time and going carefully about it, I'd say 20 minutes tops. I can have it out in 5. Turn the wheels to one side so you can access the fender bolts behind the splashguards. There are two right at the corner where the bumper meets the fender. 10mm I think.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:12 AM
SinnyD

Thats what I needed to here, thank you! I miss the days when changing a headlight was four screws and replace!

-SinnyD-
Old 03-30-2017, 11:53 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

What are you replacing your Raxiom's with? Why are you replacing the Raxioms?
Old 03-30-2017, 02:04 PM
SinnyD

The wire that connects to the bulb melted. It came this way when I bought the car. I love the lights so I bought another pair. Also need help figuring out which HID kit will work with this head light. It comes with H9 halogens and my stang is non HID from factory.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:39 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

any HID kit with an H9 bulb should work. http://www.retro-solutions.com/
Those are very good. Word of avise, don't go over 5000K color, 6000k and above may look brighter but actually put out less light. I used 4300k when I had my HID's, but went back to stock. Non projector headlights shouldn't really use HID's, they blind people.

As a retaliatory weapon for all those imbeciles with their LED bars on I replaced my fogs with PIAA Driving beams using KC HiLiTES 2766 130w H3 Halogen Bulbs and I set them to come on with the high beams only. I just flash them and miraculously their led bars shut off.