Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory alarm question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 06:14 PM
brchan
1st Gear Member

Default Factory alarm question

Hi everyone,

Two part question:
1. I noticed that when my alarm goes off, there are no blinking lights. Is this true of any of you other 'Stang owners?
2. I noticed that my alarm goes off for no reason at all lately. But the last time this happened, I had one of my interior lights on that I forgot to turn off. It's the "reading" light that you click on or off on the ceiling of the car. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does the alarm going off for no reason (several times in a row) have anything to do with the interior lighting?

Thanks,
I'm thinking of having them take a look at it at the next oil change, but I don't want to look stupid if it's something obvious.

Brchan
Old 11-14-2005, 06:51 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: Factory alarm question

I've had my panic alarm go off twice now for no apparent reason. Both times were at the same place (my bank), and all I can figure is the keys were in my jacket pocket and I leaned into the counter to press the button on the key fob. I noticed that my taillights were blinking when I returned to the car (the horn had stopped), and the panic alarm only engaged the first two inboard bulbs out back (Chaser lights).
Old 11-15-2005, 11:20 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Could it be your "find your car" lights/honks going off by accidently hitting it on your remote?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Twice now, I didn't unarm the alarm and pressed the trunk button and it set off my alarm. in fact, to kill the alarm I had to disconnect the battery.

Since, I always hit the unlock button before pressing the trunk button if the alarm is armed. Hasn't happened again.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:24 PM
brchan
1st Gear Member

Could it be your "find your car" lights/honks going off by accidently hitting it on your remote?
Twice now, I didn't unarm the alarm and pressed the trunk button and it set off my alarm. in fact, to kill the alarm I had to disconnect the battery.
Actually, I was sitting in my comfortable living room, watching my latest Netflix rental, when I noticed the alarm go off. My keys and remote were sitting on the table. This happened three times, in the space of half an hour. After I noticed my reading light was on and turned it off, it stopped. I don't know if it's a coincidence. And I don't think it's a sensitivity problem either, because no cars were passing by and I didn't see anyone even close to my car when I went outside to turn off the alarm each time.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:43 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

I'd talk to a service manager about that or maybe at least try and see if the reading light sets it off again and then talk to the service guy to see if something electrical is wrong since these cars have a "smart moduale" as it was explained to me that can be the source of some electrical problems.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

Since, I always hit the unlock button before pressing the trunk button if the alarm is armed. Hasn't happened again.
Thats odd, I always pop the trunk before hitting the unlock, never had alarm go off
Old 11-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Stoenr... I hear you - - BUT, I have the UNGO Remote Start + Security System in addition to my Factory alarm. I believe it is the UNGO alarm that is going off because it's horn is in the trunk - and THAT is the horn that stays on when I do the lock/unlock to disarm the alarm.

LOL - Sometimes you can have too much security.

Sometimes I forget that my alarm will arm itself if I leave the car undisturbed for 10 minutes... I probably set it off twice a month forgetting that!
Old 11-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Ahh. Yeah I sure could have used remote start today. As my window was froze, and was the 1st snow today. Winter is officially here!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:33 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

you ought to try the Trunk Monkey theft security system. Go to www.trunkmonkeyad.com good stuff. I'm sure they've got one for the 05-06 Mustang!
(it's an actual commercial!)

Quick Reply: Factory alarm question