Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Kenne Bell s/c is available! (dyno attached)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 03:21 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default Finally Kenne Bell s/c is available! (dyno attached)

Finally Kenne Bell twin screw s/c are shipping and available. We just received 2 at my shop and you can contact adam at ST Motorsports from the link if you're interested. They look awesome and install is going on as we speak. I Will post dyno charts and info next week from a stock GT with kb s/c.

www.spankintime.com
Old 12-30-2005, 03:52 PM
SwtPnyChick
Lady Luck

Default RE: Finally Kenne Bell s/c is available!

Will there be a time when they offer a s/c for the 4.0? I'm not to fimilar with their products or how they work so if I am being a real nerd asking this question you can ignore it.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:16 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: SWTPNYLV

Will there be a time when they offer a s/c for the 4.0? I'm not to fimilar with their products or how they work so if I am being a real nerd asking this question you can ignore it.
They "SAY" they're working on it - but that's what every other s/c company is saying to. I wouldn't hold your breath for the near future. Took them forever to get THIS one out.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

They wont be getting more than 450 on a "stock" GT right? Vortech was having problems leaning out in higher RPM's in last months MMFF.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:28 PM
SwtPnyChick
Lady Luck

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

They "SAY" they're working on it - but that's what every other s/c company is saying to. I wouldn't hold your breath for the near future. Took them forever to get THIS one out.
Ok...I won't be waiting with my cash in hand to make the purchase anytime soon. Not like I ahave it anyway. This way it will give a chance to save up.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:31 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: TMG

They wont be getting more than 450 on a "stock" GT right? Vortech was having problems leaning out in higher RPM's in last months MMFF.
Total different technology (centrifugal vs screw) This s/c is badass - trust me. I'm seriously considering selling my vortech to get one. The stock GT I'm referring to should be finished and running at Qualcom in San Diego next friday. I'll have dyno charts before then. I'm also curious as to what it's going to make.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:32 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

What about the limits of the pistons/rods.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:36 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: TMG

What about the limits of the pistons/rods.
nothing we can do about that without going forged internals so i assume the KB will make about 425 - 450 on the stock internals.

A pulley swaw would be a breeze if you wanted to go inside the engine though. I'm sure that blower has alot more potential.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Im just wondering because im still deciding on what route i want to go. My dad has a screw type and he stands behind it 100%.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:56 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

You have to understand that the vortech is centrifugal and makes higher boost with high rpm. The KB twin screw will pull the same HP as the vortech with lower boost levels, i.e. easier on your internals. Also the KB can go up to around 22 lbs of boost so it has mad potential if you rebuild your motor. It is a FACT that the screw blowers are easier on your engine than centrifugals so I wouldn't hesitate to go that route. If they had ANY screw blowers available when I built my car I would have gone with one. Like I said, if I can get around 3.5K for my vortech, I'm going to make the switch. I personally think you can do a pulley swap and get the the KB to put out about 500-520 RWHP on the stock motor with a few other engine mods. It really is debateable and depends on the car. I know guys who have blown stock motors with 440 RWHP and I know other guys who are running over 500 RWHP on the stock motor with no problems. On the flip side, I know guys who have completely rebuilt their motors and blew them on the first pass.

Welcome to racing my friend - the sad truth is you really don't know what you need to work on until you break something. And when you start building your car for drag racing - you ARE going to break something - it's just a matter of what and when. (if you want to be fast anyway) If that's something that you aren't okay with, then I strongly suggest people build their cars for street use only and keep the HP under 430 on these cars.

Quick Reply: Finally Kenne Bell s/c is available! (dyno attached)