Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain-X... Cleaners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 04:58 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

Default Rain-X... Cleaners?

Anyone know if those are the new best thing? i was looking at wal mart for some rainx anti-fog... and found all kinds of rainX cleaners/waxes... and i know how they have that "protection" deal with all their products... and was wondering if that was like the new "mothers" or "meguiers"... or are those still the best? whats the deal anyone who's used them?
Old 01-23-2006, 05:19 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Rain-X... Cleaners?

Rain-X cleaners suck and leave a nasty residue on your windshield

well they did on my windshield at least...
Old 01-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StupidTodd

Rain-X cleaners suck and leave a nasty residue on your windshield

well they did on my windshield at least...
You might need to buff it out a little more.

I love RainX stuff. With it on, I don't have to use my wipers half as much.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I too am a RainX Fan... never had a problem with a residue on my glass.

You will find if you do a search, most of us use Pinnical , Mothers, and McQuires products on our cars.

Old 01-23-2006, 06:11 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I use a different kind of rain-x on my 'Stang - the kind of prevention you get from never driving in the rain

I use Rain X on the Navigator and it works fine - the residue just needs to be buffed out with a clean cloth. Apply, wipe off, then buff out the residue.

If you are having to use the anti-fog stuff on regular basis, then you've got a more underlying problem to worry about - moisture on the inside of the vehicle (perhaps wet carpet) []

Can't speak for their new waxes and such - I'd stick with what is proven to be the best as mentioned above by Professor.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:21 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

rain -x for your windshield is great, you really need to buff it out more maybe 3x over, changing to a new cloth, thats for my old cars, my stang will never see the rain as well.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:35 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

yeah i had to buff mine like 5 times on both sides to get all that ****ty residue out (i used the anti-fog and the regular stuff).. but i'm hoping that it works good or that 6.11 will be wasted (especially the part that goes to the government lol [sm=devilangel.gif]

i think i'll just stick with the mothers and mequires stuff like i have been- never showed me a reason not to-- aside from that scratch X ****-- dosent work worth a damn
Old 01-23-2006, 06:51 PM
STL_Atty
1st Gear Member

The cleaner works alright ... I'm assuming you mean the actual window cleaner and not the protectorant. The towellettes are too saturated, so you have to take a cloth or paper towel over it or you'll get all that residue. IMO, good ol' fashioned Windex still works the best for cleaning, though the original Rain-ex is still one of man's greatest inventions.

If you're talking about Rain-ex car cleaner/wax, I've never seen it before.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:22 PM
BradInFl
2nd Gear Member

Living in Florida it is very difficult to avoid rain. I use rain X on my windows and it works great and dosn't leave any residue if applyed correctly.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:47 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

erg... well my windows WERE crystal clear earlier... after i applied the rain-x, and rain-x anti-fog... but i went driving tonight and when i used my wipers it smeared my entire front window and i could barely see the tail lights of the car in front of me... not too safe if ya ask me.

also, i fogged up really bad... and some of it was a buff issue, i dont know about the rest. When i pulled over i buffed the front and side windows clean, but the back window was stubborn and i coudlnt get the fog OR residue off... anyone know why the fog built right back up after it came off? i wasnt breathing on it BTW

Quick Reply: Rain-X... Cleaners?