Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What other cars were you considering before deciding on your Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 10:28 AM
diondon
1st Gear Member

Default What other cars were you considering before deciding on your Mustang?

Me- 1) Nissan 350Z (Too expensive, no back seat, small trunk space) I still love this car tho!
2) Chrysler Crossfire (I loved the styling at first, but gradually started to hate it. No back seat, small trunk space)
3) Dodge Charger (I loved the power, but didnt want four doors.)
Old 02-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What other cars were you considering before deciding on your Mustang?

An older mustang...lol
Old 02-05-2006, 10:53 AM
roland
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What other cars were you considering before deciding on your Mustang?

A windveil blue 05. We bought a tungsten 06.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:18 AM
S.SubZero
1st Gear Member

Unlike most Mustang owners, I was not looking for a muscle-type car to tinker with and such. I was looking for a V6 car with decent options and at least some style. Before I chose the Mustang I looked at a few cars..

- Chevy Monte Carlo - Drove a '98 for several years, it served me very faithfully. The 2000-2005 style is *extremely* goofy to me, I could not get past the appearance and decided not to get one. Hindsight being 20/20, the 2006's don't look half-bad, it might have been an option if they were available when I was shopping.
- Chevy Malibu - Saw a loaded high-end one at the local dealer, black with tan leather. I hate tan! And they don't offer it with black leather. The chrome front end is also stupid looking. Declined. (note: the 2006's don't look as bad either)
- Handful of asian cars - Cool looking but a little pricey for what they offer, and I have a thing for american cars. Sorry ; ;
- Mini-Cooper. Really, I did look at them. Surprisingly comfortable since I'm not a real big guy, but too small. The engine also wasn't beefy enough and it's not a V6.

Aside from the lack of gadgets (I still miss my automatic headlights) and I think the Mustang being one of the very few cars left without satellite radio as a factory option, I am enjoying it.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

My buddy's '02 Z06 'Vette, Honda S2000.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:29 PM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

I wasn't even looking for a car, had my work truck and the wifes car and was content. When I saw the 05 it was my dream car and i couldn't resist, so I bought one even though I had no need for another car. This car was strictly a want.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:23 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

350z
g35
solsitce
04 mustang gt white
05 mustang (v6 or gt) mineral grey

i ended up getting an 06 tungsten v6 because the guys at the nissan/infinity dealership were a**holes, the solstice was completely unsafe, there were no more 04 gt's in white, the production of minteral grey stopped, and all the choices of 06 gt's were really bad and i did not want to wait for 6 months
Old 02-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

Hyandai Tiburon - don't knock it Go drive one and you will see what I mean. Very solid, nimble little car.
Sold on it, until I started a mustang
Old 02-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

My story is much like Spikes.
Happy with my Tahoe, hadn't even seen the '05 Mustang until a friend told me about them mid-summer of 2005.
Fell in love immediately.
Took me so long to talk my wife into letting me get one, the '06's were out, lol.
So, I now own and love a 2006 Windevil Blue Gt.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:38 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

i was torn between the lamborghini murcielago, the ferrari 360 modena, the bentley gt, and the mustang...

i went for the mustang... hehe

Quick Reply: What other cars were you considering before deciding on your Mustang?