Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2010-current S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #11
icody
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ford Mustang GT

Thanks for the nice compliments. I had the stripe done at my local Ford Dealership (Jordan Ford in San Antonio TX). It is a special order Gold stripe that starts out as a clear stripe, and then they actually paint the gold on the stripe..it really pops in the sunlight. They have a 10 year warranty too. The minute I saw the little stripe over the windshield I also didn't think it looked right. It just sort of hangs there. Have no idea why they added it there as the Hertz cars didn't have it there (course they had dual stripes and not the large single Super Snake Stripe). I was wondering since they just added them today if I can plug in a hair dryer and take off the little one above the windshield? Overall I love it..they have a great stripe guy at the dealership!

Oh yeah...the stripe was pretty expensive..ran me 430 bucks which included the installation.

Click the image to open in full size.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Last edited by icody; 07-30-2009 at 12:34 AM.
icody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:57 AM   #12
cooooop_ks

Vehicle: 2010 Ford Mustang GT

Looks awesome!! Is that a stripe that you got from Ford?
cooooop_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:05 AM   #13
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

Bring it to the austin cruise on aug 15th. looks good!
Old 07-30-2009, 06:38 AM   #14
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Vehicle: 2011 Shelby GT500
Send a message via AIM to wilkinda

I love it!! I think maybe lose the little stripe above the windshield. As a current 2010 owner I think the azz is great looking..

Current:
* 2013 Shelby GT500 in custom 1 of 1 color | SVTPP Pkg | Glass Roof | Red-line Hood Struts | BBR Shorty Antenna | Expel Ultimate Clear Bra
* 2012 Ford Explorer Limited - Tuxedo black
wilkinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #15
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Vehicle: 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinda View Post
I love it!! I think maybe lose the little stripe above the windshield. As a current 2010 owner I think the azz is great looking..
'specially when it's dropped!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:29 AM   #16
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascal View Post
I just posted on our "drop" in the "My 2010 Grabber Blue has arrived post..getting ready to add to my Mods post

Current:
* 2013 Shelby GT500 in custom 1 of 1 color | SVTPP Pkg | Glass Roof | Red-line Hood Struts | BBR Shorty Antenna | Expel Ultimate Clear Bra
Old 07-30-2009, 07:30 AM   #17
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascal View Post
And yes...car looks SWEET when you drop it...not toally slammed but a nice drop to get rid of the 4 wheel drive look

Current:
Old 07-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #18
NickelDime
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 10 Ford Mustang GT vert prem

Quote:
Originally Posted by icody View Post
Today I put on the Gold Super Snake stripe on my Black GT. My first Mod was the Shelby 20" Rims. I have also added the CDC Hood Strutrod kit. Not sure if I like he small stripe on to of the window area or not..what do you all think?

Next mod will be a Light Bar and a white shifter ball, that silver ball gets too hot here in San Antonio. I also plan on adding a Shaker scoop soon as well.
DOwn the road I'll get a Blower!!
Is that dropped or is it the slope of the driveway + 20" wheels that is reducing the gap? My 2010 GT 'vert with 19's is a 4x4 compared to these pics.
NickelDime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:09 PM   #19
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Vehicle: 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelDime View Post
Is that dropped or is it the slope of the driveway + 20" wheels that is reducing the gap? My 2010 GT 'vert with 19's is a 4x4 compared to these pics.
The 20" wheels diameter is bigger so it fills the opening more, giving the impression that it's dropped more, but it isn't.
Pitched driveways will also affect the optical effect of the drop...
Old 07-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #20
JimC

Vehicle: 2013 MCA convertible

Looks great, I considered the gold when I did my superstripe in 2006. I go back and forth on the small piece over the windshield. Didn't have it on for awhile, then put it on but think about taking it off sometimes - especially when I walk up to the car from an angle and the over the windshield piece looks crooked (I measured it though a couple of times and it comes out dead center from side to side so I think it is because it is such a small piece that the perspective gets thrown off)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:12 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2010, black, blue, ford, gold, grabber, gt, interior, mustang, mutang, snake, stripe, stripes, super, supersnake