Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

My 2010 Black GT w/Gold Super Snake Stripe

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:06 PM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

$430? Not bad! When I was thinking about ordering my GT from the factory and having the dealer put the stripe on, same style as yours, he wanted $1200! Told me it would take 8 hours to do and was very tricky because of the curves. Needless to say, now that I got my GT I am going to find some place alot cheaper than that!

Joe

Originally Posted by icody
Thanks for the nice compliments. I had the stripe done at my local Ford Dealership (Jordan Ford in San Antonio TX). It is a special order Gold stripe that starts out as a clear stripe, and then they actually paint the gold on the stripe..it really pops in the sunlight. They have a 10 year warranty too. The minute I saw the little stripe over the windshield I also didn't think it looked right. It just sort of hangs there. Have no idea why they added it there as the Hertz cars didn't have it there (course they had dual stripes and not the large single Super Snake Stripe). I was wondering since they just added them today if I can plug in a hair dryer and take off the little one above the windshield? Overall I love it..they have a great stripe guy at the dealership!

Oh yeah...the stripe was pretty expensive..ran me 430 bucks which included the installation.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:04 PM
icody
1st Gear Member

I just didn't like the small stripe over the windshield so today I took it off! Looks much better as before your eyes were drawn to that small area and now you get the effect of the whole hood stripe. Was raining today in San Antonio so no pictures but will put up the new look as soon as I can. Also had to get the front wheels balanced as was experiancing a bad shake at 70 MPH. They ended up having to replace the front tires as I had one that could not be balanced. Nw she just purrrrrs down the road. Sweeetttt!

The Strpies are Not Factory ones. I had the guy in the Accessory Dept order them and install them. They are Vinyl painted stripes.

Next Mod is either the Light Bar (for those Topless days and weekends) or the Shaker scoop (always loved that look! I will have to make a run to another local Ford Dealership as they have a few Roush Stangs and I want to hear what their exhaust sounds like before I order the cat back system for it. Not sure which one to get yet!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:22 PM
08droptop
2nd Gear Member

the car looks great, I would ditch the above window stripe however. Nicely done overall!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:27 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by 08droptop
the car looks great, I would ditch the above window stripe however. Nicely done overall!
See his post just above yours
Old 07-31-2009, 01:20 PM
Badbee

Sweet, leave the roof stripe, great color combo.

Who did you stripes?
Old 07-31-2009, 05:40 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by icody
I just didn't like the small stripe over the windshield so today I took it off! Looks much better as before your eyes were drawn to that small area and now you get the effect of the whole hood stripe. Was raining today in San Antonio so no pictures but will put up the new look as soon as I can. Also had to get the front wheels balanced as was experiancing a bad shake at 70 MPH. They ended up having to replace the front tires as I had one that could not be balanced. Nw she just purrrrrs down the road. Sweeetttt!

The Strpies are Not Factory ones. I had the guy in the Accessory Dept order them and install them. They are Vinyl painted stripes.

Next Mod is either the Light Bar (for those Topless days and weekends) or the Shaker scoop (always loved that look! I will have to make a run to another local Ford Dealership as they have a few Roush Stangs and I want to hear what their exhaust sounds like before I order the cat back system for it. Not sure which one to get yet!
I just added that exhaust to mine. It sounds AMAZING!! If i knew how to add the video to this website I would!!
Old 07-31-2009, 06:04 PM
66chevy
1st Gear Member

that looks very nice
Old 07-31-2009, 06:07 PM
66chevy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
I just added that exhaust to mine. It sounds AMAZING!! If i knew how to add the video to this website I would!!
do you have a YouTube account? if so, copy and paste the link to a post and it will automatically come up.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:07 PM
icody
1st Gear Member

BadBee - I took off the small 2 inch high roof stripe as it took away from the rest of the stripe as it just floated there..different if it was a hardtop and not a covertible.

The stripe was done by our local Fod Dealership called Jordan Ford

Wilkinda - Wish you could load the video as well, as it would save me a trip..LOL. Taking the Stang to a cruise night tonight and possibly a show in Austion tomorow.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:12 PM
66chevy
1st Gear Member

here is one i found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeoMC...eature=channel

Quick Reply: My 2010 Black GT w/Gold Super Snake Stripe