Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Super snake Stripes, tint, louvers on!

Old 03-27-2010, 10:19 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Default Update: Super snake Stripes, tint, louvers on!

so picked my car up yesterday after getting tint on teh windows, super snake stripes, qtr louvers, and i alos put my 3rd brake light, side market, and new dark front running lights in today. check out the pics.

I think the car looks fantastic right now. there are a few issues though. the stripes look great from a distance, but up close they are a mess. I'm not sure what the stripe guy was thinking. the cutouts around the 3rd brake light are jagged, there are creases in a lot of the stripes as well. They told me when i got there i would need to bring the car back to have the bumpers redone. they are the worst spots on the car.

Still, i can find creases in every stripe section on the car so i think they are going to have to start over and not screw it up this time. The qrtr window louvers also have a couple bad spots in the paint. Going to make them fix that too. No one else noticed the issues when they look at the car, but it drives me crazy.

Last edited by ShaneM; 03-30-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:05 PM
KR_Father

Turned out really nice and don't settle for anything but perfection on those stripes. As for the taillights they look pretty good too but all I can think of is "Ticket Magnet."
Old 03-27-2010, 03:15 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i just pulled the headlight covers off, they were scratching the bumper after only 3 days because they don;t sit right. I am going to replace with tints.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:23 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

So earlier today i pulled the car out to let it set in the sun and cure the vinyl adhesive like the dealer told me. as soon as it was in the sun i could tell the stripes were trash in more than just the bumpers. the stripes are total junk up close and i found trash in the paint on the qtr louvers. called the dealer and i was pretty peeved about the condition of the stripes. They called me back a bit later and told me that they felt bad about the stripes. Considering missed work costs me a ton of money bc i am self employed they are sending someone down here with a loaner from the lot in Garland and meeting me in my town to take my car back and get things right. they were nice about it and apologetic. i told then not to bring it back unless it was 100% perfect. one wrinkle is too many.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Good to hear your getting it taken care of. I like the look of the super stripe, im getting flat black when the weather warms up a little. Hopefully the same guy does not do this round on your stripes, there seemed to be some noticeable issues with them being crooked too. I dig some of the black out on the lights, I'm not sure I would have gone that dark. Nice color combo though.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:44 PM
RedRave
1st Gear Member

Love the stripes. Tinting not my thing but u did a good job of it. Thanks for sharing
Old 03-27-2010, 09:57 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xcelsius
Good to hear your getting it taken care of. I like the look of the super stripe, im getting flat black when the weather warms up a little. Hopefully the same guy does not do this round on your stripes, there seemed to be some noticeable issues with them being crooked too. I dig some of the black out on the lights, I'm not sure I would have gone that dark. Nice color combo though.
Yeah i stood well back from the car on the rear and they were very crooked. sometimes a straight line doesn't look straight on a curved panel. Gaps were off on teh hood too, overall bad job.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Just me but if the car was black then 2 thumbs up
Old 03-27-2010, 10:09 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snakebite64
Just me but if the car was black then 2 thumbs up
lol first new car i ever bought was black and i swore i would never do that again, especially in this part of Texas where everything is covered in pollen 4 months out of the year. My favorite muscle car ever is the 1970 boss 429 in grabber blue, this is the color i wanted since i laid eyes on it. i had an art teacher in high school who's favorite saying was black isn't a color, it's a tint. lol
Old 03-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Mustangshar
1st Gear Member

I like what you're doing with the car and hope they get all these problems taken car of. Yeah I would have been really pissed with that poor quality-good luck with her!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Super snake Stripes, tint, louvers on!