Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Discussion on 2011 Colours

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 08:32 PM
SHOWPONY2010
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
I'm still undecided as to what colour I should get when I order my 2011 V6 and to be frank I am kind of disappointed by Ford's lack of a variety of colours. Let's examine what they are offering:

Black: It's hard for a mustang to look bad in black.

Grabber Blue: Not my cup of tea, unless it has enough black to contrast the blue like I see many grabber blue owners have.

Ingot Silver: A nice silver, but it turns an awesome car into a generic car.

Kona Blue Metallic: I see two different pictures of this colour. One looks beautiful in bright light at just the right angle. The other looks dull and too dark. They should have brightened it slightly like the guardsman blue on the 60s cobras.

Performance White: Simple and goes with a lot of colours for striping.

Race Red: Now this is what I like. Bold but not too much like grabber blue.

Red Candy Metallic Clearcoat: Dull. This is the kind of colour Rental places buy.

Sterling Grey Metallic: I like this. It gives it a strong rocky look.

So Ford is offering 8 colours for the 2011 year. It seems so limited. White, Greys, Black, Reds, and Blues. I'm leaning towards Kona Blue Metallic with white stripes and saddle interior.

What's your guys' opinions on the lineup of colours Ford is offering?
Sterling Grey has to be one of the best colors yet
Old 08-22-2010, 10:04 PM
trz06

Well, I was originally get on the Sterling Gray and was going to go with the Elenor look, but in person I didn't like it. It was too light, and the metallic flakes are too big, makes it look cheesy/cheap and like it belongs on a race boat, not a car.

Definitely going with Kona Blue now with white GT500 strips both top and sides (minus it saying GT500 though) not trying to be a poser, just love the look.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Blue Dragoon
1st Gear Member

That's what I was going with too but I think I might go with black. The parts I want (Saleen hood in general doesn't allow straight stripes) give the car a more sharp and muscular appearance so a strong colour is a must. I haven't seen kona blue in person so right now its between black and kona blue.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:44 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
Teh 11 GT500 I had was race red, if I didn't love grabber blue so much, that would be the color i choose, it looks fantastic. i concur with cona, it looks very purple in some angles and green in others. That yellow blaze is not an attractive color, it's very pale and nothing like the strong screaming yellow ford has used before. I love competition orange, but i will be shocked if ford ditches grabber blue, the color has apperently been very popular and everyone form old ladies to little kids love it. It does look realyl good with some black as well.
I don't want to call you wrong, but I've had my kona in all kinds of light and I have yet to see any green. I love the fact it changes depending on the light, I chose it over black since my last 3 cars have been black. I also like sterling gray, but it seemed a little too bland after awhile.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:24 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
I don't want to call you wrong, but I've had my kona in all kinds of light and I have yet to see any green. I love the fact it changes depending on the light, I chose it over black since my last 3 cars have been black. I also like sterling gray, but it seemed a little too bland after awhile.
nothing wrong with kona, I'm not a fan of most blue colors. i am generally into red. I wanted a grabber blue 1970 mach one when I was a kid, my neighbor had one he restored so when GB landed i bought it
Old 08-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Entrenched
1st Gear Member

Default Colors

Since the 12 Boss is available in Comp Orange, I'd assume the standard GT will be getting this next year. This will be a great color for these cars.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....gboss30206.jpg
Old 08-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Digital_Synapse
2nd Gear Member

Ingot Silver: A nice silver, but it turns an awesome car into a generic car.
What about this car screams generic?

Old 08-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Blue Dragoon
1st Gear Member

Four wheels and an engine...? No, in all seriousness I think I wrote my opinions on those colours way too late at night. When I say a generic car, I mean that silver is the most popular colour, and having a silver mustang is almost oxymoronic in the sense that you buy a unique vehicle only to choose a colour you see almost everywhere. Granted your Mustang still stands out because of your modifications as well as the 2011's natural styling. Keep that same colour on a 2005 and you have a boring car IMO.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:01 AM
floridafordguy
2nd Gear Member

Four wheels and an engine...? No, in all seriousness I think I wrote my opinions on those colours way too late at night. When I say a generic car, I mean that silver is the most popular colour, and having a silver mustang is almost oxymoronic in the sense that you buy a unique vehicle only to choose a colour you see almost everywhere. Granted your Mustang still stands out because of your modifications as well as the 2011's natural styling. Keep that same colour on a 2005 and you have a boring car IMO.
I'm not seeing the mods you mentioned (maybe lowering?) I think that silver Stang is gorgeous. Just my opinion.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Crazy Stallion
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Digital_Synapse
What about this car screams generic?
Looks good to me

Last edited by Crazy Stallion; 08-24-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Discussion on 2011 Colours