Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

2011 GT/CS Front Valance done ... with Part numbers ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 02:23 PM
blacknight

Originally Posted by sneakypeter11
Once you have all the screws out of the bumper cover, you just have to pull it off. There are tabs so you have to be a bit forceful (but obviously still careful) about it. We started at the wheel wells and popped it out there first, then just slowly pulled it away as we unplugged whatever was still connected. Then, you have to tackle the task of getting the grille trim piece out from the bumper. This is also connected with tabs. The way that worked for me was using a flat head screwdriver to pry them out from the backside of the bumper cover. Just gotta be careful not to scratch anything. Post some pics when you're done!
Thanks. I guess I was being too cautious. I popped it off and eventually got the stock grill off. I cant believe the saleen grill doesnt have similar tabs to hold it in place. Those metal clips they provide look like they will just slide right off.

The lower valance is going to be another pain. Those tabs are evil, there is just no give to them. My thumbs were in some pain after pulling the grill off so I had to give up for the night. Ill have to try again tonight on the lower valance with a helper.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Duffinator

Looks like the Boss 302 is going to use the same valance as the CS. Any anyone confirm that? Then there will be a splitter for it....
Old 10-20-2010, 10:18 PM
blacknight

For you guys that had problems with the saleen clips did you get these style clips...they worked perfect for me. just slid right on and hold tight

I also got a single plastic push pin style screw with the clips that im not sure where it goes. I got everything installed but its pretty dark in the garage. I appologize for the crappy photo. Ill get a better one out in the sun later this week.

BTW do you guys notice a gap between the bumper and the bottom of the grill (at the center)? Mine doesnt sit flush...just wondering if this is normal.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:51 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Mine had a gap. I inserted a piece of cardboard on top of the foam impact absorber. This lifted the bumper cover enough to close the gap.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:28 AM
a_guerrajr
1st Gear Member

Exclamation Question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

So I have a V6, MCA edition. Totally different bumper. But from the looks of it, the same fog lights.

Would I just need a GT bumper and the GT/CS Valance. My wiring and fogs should snap in.

Can anyone confirm this ?
Old 10-21-2010, 09:03 AM
GDZILLA95
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by blacknight
For you guys that had problems with the saleen clips did you get these style clips...they worked perfect for me. just slid right on and hold tight

My Saleen Grille did not come with any clips. I drilled a small hole in the tab that slides into the bumper cover, and then used some wire ties to secure it. It works great and you can't see them.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:57 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Duffinator
Looks like the Boss 302 is going to use the same valance as the CS. Any anyone confirm that? Then there will be a splitter for it....
Yes, same valance. Only difference is brakeducts instead of foglamps. (and addition of the splitter)
Old 10-21-2010, 04:32 PM
bluestang11

Where did you get that kind of clip ?? Think i can pick a bag up online some where ?
Old 10-21-2010, 04:41 PM
MARZ
1st Gear Member

I also got a single plastic push pin style screw with the clips that im not sure where it goes. I got everything installed but its pretty dark in the garage. I appologize for the crappy photo. Ill get a better one out in the sun later this week.

BTW do you guys notice a gap between the bumper and the bottom of the grill (at the center)? Mine doesnt sit flush...just wondering if this is normal.
Oh, man, we're going to need a lot more pictures of this bad boy, stat!
Old 10-21-2010, 07:33 PM
11BLK5.0

looks so evil

Quick Reply: 2011 GT/CS Front Valance done ... with Part numbers ...