Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Pics FINALLY - Lowered on my 18" Shelby Redlines

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 06:12 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Default Pics FINALLY - Lowered on my 18" Shelby Redlines

With it being roughly 6 billion degrees out here in Texas, i was too lazy to go out and shoot pics the last few days since i had the suspension goodies installed. The car looks much, much better now. The lighting was in front of me at this hour so the pics aren't the best, i will shoot more later. the closeup of the rear wheel has some massive lens flare, sorry. The car is lowered with Steeda Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, J&M caster plates, and a J&M adjustable panhard.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Closer shot:

Last edited by ShaneM; 06-18-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:40 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Much better! :applause
Old 06-18-2010, 07:08 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

nice selection of components and I am guessing you put some thought into this. i imagine the springs need to settle a bit so the height of the the car will probably drop slightly. personally, i would have lowered the car a little more; however for a DD your car looks awesome! nice work.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:21 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teksp0rt
nice selection of components and I am guessing you put some thought into this. i imagine the springs need to settle a bit so the height of the the car will probably drop slightly. personally, i would have lowered the car a little more; however for a DD your car looks awesome! nice work.
Yeah DD and i HATED the ride on my 05 with eibach sports. On full soft with teh koni's the car rides 95% as smooth as stock on the steeda sports. i hope the rear settles a bit more. i don't think i coudl have gone lower on the front without scraping issues, it's barely an inch there. the back could use another .5 of drop. that said, i did it for performance as much as looks, i plan on hitting some track days this summer. I've also got a beat of creaking from the back i am hoping goes away as things settle and break in. How much realisticalyl will the springs settle over what they are now?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:55 AM
mondo73
2nd Gear Member

car looks good lowered.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:08 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
Yeah DD and i HATED the ride on my 05 with eibach sports. On full soft with teh koni's the car rides 95% as smooth as stock on the steeda sports. i hope the rear settles a bit more. i don't think i coudl have gone lower on the front without scraping issues, it's barely an inch there. the back could use another .5 of drop. that said, i did it for performance as much as looks, i plan on hitting some track days this summer. I've also got a beat of creaking from the back i am hoping goes away as things settle and break in. How much realisticalyl will the springs settle over what they are now?

I thought the Konis were a great choice. I lowered my 5 Series with Koni's and H&R Springs and it worked out great. Also, I initially made the mistake of lowering my 06' GT with Eibach springs and stock shocks - I will never do that again. When I was on the freeway and hit a bump, the shocks would bottom out. I ended up purchasing the entire Eibach kit with dampers, bushings, sways, etc.

Personally I am not as familiar with Steeda's springs but I would assume that you may see another .25-.3 inches after the springs settle over the next few months.

Again, great looking car and I like how clean everything is coming together. You have great looks yet drive-ability.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:28 AM
GRABOID
1st Gear Member

Yes it is looking much better. You install the suspension? About how long did it take? I need to plan a day to work on mine and install my Konis, adj panhard and SSsprings. I might need to go ahead and get some new mounting plates though. I dont think I have posted pics of the car since it came in on here so I will try to remember to do that tonight. Full soft eh? Have you tried them at a quarter front and half in rear yet? What did they feel like?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:31 AM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

congrats on lowering but i dont know to me it still needs another 1.5" or so... i hate wheel well gap
Old 06-22-2010, 02:07 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by starbai
congrats on lowering but i dont know to me it still needs another 1.5" or so... i hate wheel well gap
i think they would rub lol
Old 06-22-2010, 02:15 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GRABOID
Yes it is looking much better. You install the suspension? About how long did it take? I need to plan a day to work on mine and install my Konis, adj panhard and SSsprings. I might need to go ahead and get some new mounting plates though. I dont think I have posted pics of the car since it came in on here so I will try to remember to do that tonight. Full soft eh? Have you tried them at a quarter front and half in rear yet? What did they feel like?
no i paid a local shop to do it. idnt have time to do it myself. paid 350 with the alignment.

Quick Reply: Pics FINALLY - Lowered on my 18" Shelby Redlines