Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

borla bassani magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 08:16 PM
grabbergt10

Default borla bassani magnaflow

hey all im looking to get a new catback or axle back exhaust and was woundering which exhaust setup gives a nice muscular rumble without sounding raspy in the high rpms and also has the least drone ( none is prefered)! there arent many videos of the new pony and the 05-09's dont give a good repersentation so im hopping people here have some good advise.

p.s if anbody can tell me why i cant post a pic that ould be great.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:46 AM
gt/cs07
2nd Gear Member

The only exhaust I know of that doesn't drone is Corsa's. I have to say my favorite sounding is between the Roush and Corsa exhaust. Though the flowmaster classics sound nice too. I can't decided which one to pull the trigger on. I guess it will just have to come down to price and what you want to spend. As for the exhausts in your title. Borla is deep and sounds great but the drone is pretty intense at least from my experience with my buddies 2010. It is slightly less intense than the Mac I had on my 07. I never liked Bassani so I can't help you there. The Magnaflows are a bit more tame but open up when you punch it.

You can't post a pic until you get your posts up I believe.

I know this doesn't really push you one way or another but figured I would give you some insight. Exhaust is all about what sounds good to you.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:00 AM
Orion ZyGarian

Originally Posted by gt/cs07
Exhaust is all about what sounds good to you.
Everything he said is spot on, but this part is especially true. I dont have a Mustang, but regardless of car, when going for a premade exhaust, the best route is to consider your options individually. Ask yourself how bad you want it and how much you're willing to spend to get it.

I was in your shoes too. What I did was look at all the ones other people went for and how much they recommended them. The most commonly suggested cat-backs sounded like typical rice when I checked sites like youtube and streetfire for vids of it. Hearing it in person isnt always an option, so getting video/sound clips should be one of your biggest priorities.

FWIW, I went with Magnaflow (though again, this is for a completely different car), and I loved it so much I got a Magnaflow for both my cars. From the variety of different model cars I've heard, Magnaflow has been consistently my favorite brand, and the straight-through, non chambered design is very boost friendly.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:19 PM
GlendaleGrabber

I have the same questions you do.

Some people I've heard are disappointed in Magnaflow's apparently due to the tame sound.

The Ford dealership I bought mine from suggested the Flowmaster American Thunders.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:22 PM
EscapedGreg
1st Gear Member

If you get the Magnaflow then get the Magnapak mufflers which are the straight through design. As for not being able to post a photo I was told you must have 50 posts before you can post any photos.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:19 PM
grabbergt10

i have decidied that i am going to get the ford racing fr500s axel back. as well as their xpipe and ceramic coated shorty headders.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:05 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i was all set to get the roush system, had a bit of second thought on it, ordered anyway, it was backordered, and then went back to teh square flowmaster american thunder system i started off wondering. if it sucks, its only money right
Old 07-30-2010, 03:08 PM
grabbergt10

Originally Posted by ShaneM
i was all set to get the roush system, had a bit of second thought on it, ordered anyway, it was backordered, and then went back to teh square flowmaster american thunder system i started off wondering. if it sucks, its only money right
i cant stand the roush exhaust, its too raspy and poppy. i had a flowmaster on my 04 mustang and the drone drove me insane.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:55 AM
white08gt
1st Gear Member

check out mbrp axelbacks, no drone and half the price of corsa's. very high quality and lifetime warranty, best looking muffler with 4" tips. cost about $400 bought mine at auto anything 2 years ago still look brand new highly polished ss.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:13 AM
majik755
2nd Gear Member

White08gt

Do you have these installed? How do they sound and is it true about no drone? This is the first I've heard of anything other than the Corsas having no drone. I checked them out and the pricing is close to half, think this may be what I've been looking for.

Quick Reply: borla bassani magnaflow