Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Roush Front Splitter with CDC Chin Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 11:16 AM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Default Roush Front Splitter with CDC Chin Spoiler

After looking at the RTR mustang, i really want a splitter on my car. i just think it looks badass. That said, has anyone checked to see how the roush splitter might fit up? It looks (from pics) like it would fit the cdc chin perfectly. Then it would have a very similar look to the rtr. that with the roush side splitters would look great i think.

Last edited by iceguyb14; 08-10-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:37 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

i dont think it flows well at all IMO. The angles on the CDC would have to line up exactly for it to work, and i dont think they do
Old 08-10-2010, 12:56 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i would not be the least bit surprised to find out that CDC makes that roush front splitter. they make the roush side splitters. Look at that RTR body kit, the side splitters on it are nothing but stock gt sides with the roush parts. That RTR chin is nothing by the CDC 10 chin with a splitter. Judging by the fact that the roush side splitters are on the RTR car, it wouldnt surprise me a bit to find that the RTR chin is just a combo of the CDC and the roush parts plus some metal bits. I'm not saying it will work mind you, I am just saying that RTR kit is basicalyl nothing but an arrangement of parts that are almost all on the market already.

The RTR folks freely admit that the chin on the car is the CDC unit with a splitter. they told me directly you could retrofit the splitter to the CDC chin. i think the only part that might not look correct with the roush splitter on the CDC chin is that the splitter is pointed on the front to match the point on the roush front bumper. Actually on further inspection, ithnk the OP is right man, that looks just like the roush splitter on the RTR car. check these pics from roughly the same angle:
Attached Thumbnails Roush Front Splitter with CDC Chin Spoiler-rtrfront.jpg   Roush Front Splitter with CDC Chin Spoiler-roushfront.jpg  
Old 08-10-2010, 01:31 PM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

actually based on the pics you just showed, you can see the rtr isnt as smooth in front of the creases in the chin spoiler. it is a different splitter, but i was just wondering if anyone had test fit it to the cdc. maybe we could convince someone like americanmuscle to put it next to it and take some pics? i know they sell both...
Old 08-10-2010, 01:34 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Man, I wish Roush would make their fascia w/o foglight holes. Same with the '11 CS fascia. I know you can use those holes for the brake cooler but it would better with no holes IMO.

I love the grille fogs on the GT and 6 lights on the front is too (two!) many IMO.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:37 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iceguyb14
actually based on the pics you just showed, you can see the rtr isnt as smooth in front of the creases in the chin spoiler. it is a different splitter, but i was just wondering if anyone had test fit it to the cdc. maybe we could convince someone like americanmuscle to put it next to it and take some pics? i know they sell both...
i don't know man, those are slightly different angles. they look almsot identical to me. You cna see teh corners of the roush one more where it bends because of the angle th epic is at where as we are seeing the RTR one more at a front view to where it makes that corner. Where is Pascal when you need him?
Old 08-10-2010, 02:59 PM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

im tempted to just buy it and see lol
Old 08-10-2010, 03:01 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i ordered my cdc chin yesterday from blue oval, they sell the roush splitter. i asked them if they could check fitment for me. Not sure they will. CDC FWIW says the rtr splitter and the roush are "different parts" of course if they make the roush part they arent going to want any trouble with roush claiing they stole the design or somethign so i am takign that with a grain of salt. I still say the two parts are 99% the same to my eye. Is teh bottom of that CDC chin spoiler solid?

edit - Meh, blue oval just emailed me back and swears that CDC gets its parts from roush on the side splitters and the roush front will only work on the roush bumper. I call BS. Here's what i think. I have ordered a lot of gear from yates performance, who charges my credit card as Blue oval industries. In talking to yates the sales rep said a few things that gave me the impression they are somehow related to roush as in perhaps that is the site roush uses to be competitive with the other online sellers of its gear. Roush cant sell below msrp whereas dealers can meaning roush would rarely get the sale. See my logic?

anyway, i seriously doubt roush "makes" anything and we already know CDC is the OEM for lots of the parts we see around that are branded as other cars, for instance the defunct foose stallion and the parts for the RTR car. Sooooo i see a big cover up here with these guys all trying to make us believe their parts only work with their parts. it's a front splitter/bumper conspiracy i tell ya. It looks like it will fit to me, I say you buy it and if it works i'll buy the next one

Last edited by ShaneM; 08-10-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

I'm tempted just to buy it and try it out. my only concern is on the Roush version there is little raised nubs in the center section to meet the raised up lower portion of the Roush bumper. The CDC chin is flat all the way across... I'm not flipping the thing upside down to get it to work.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:56 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

On the Roush car, it seems less thick...
As for the fit, you won't know for sure until you match it up.

Quick Reply: Roush Front Splitter with CDC Chin Spoiler