Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

good HID kit for my 11?

Old 12-02-2010, 07:26 AM
WTFchuck
1st Gear Member

Default good HID kit for my 11?

i opted out for the factory HIDS, i dont like the way the lens looks... what are some good HID kits for my 11?
Old 12-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

I've heard nothing but good things about Retro Solution with capping. I ordered mine a month ago and am still waiting. The damn post office lost/misplaced them. Currently in the process of filing an insurence claim. SUCKS!! I was so excited when I ordered them.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:46 PM
KonaStangPete
2nd Gear Member

I have the DDMTuning 6000k bixenons and theyre great so far, wired them up, no flickering or anything, also from what i hear you cant go wrong with retro-solutions

Old 12-02-2010, 08:26 PM
WTFchuck
1st Gear Member

what bulbs are in the GT? and also the center grille bulbs? I have a set of DDM tuning on my bike and never had a problem with them, didnt know if the car was picky or not.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:10 PM
KonaStangPete
2nd Gear Member

no idea, the kit for the v6 is h13(hi/low)
its a drop down tap that says h13(hi/low) so your missing something if you dont see it
Old 12-04-2010, 08:38 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

I have the retro-solutions HIDs (headlights and fogs) and they're the best around. Save yourself the money and time and just go with theirs. I've tried others and the beam patterns looked like crap because of the amount of light coming out of the end of the bulb. The purpose of the bulb capping they use is to spread the light evenly. BIG difference between the capping and the uncapped versions. Other companies "paint" the capping on the end but that ends up burning off and then your lights look like crap. Go with retro-solutions. The 5000k (what I got) is the closest to Pure White you'll find and looks much cleaner than the blue-ish tinted ones you'll see out there.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Karnage541
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
I have the retro-solutions HIDs (headlights and fogs) and they're the best around. Save yourself the money and time and just go with theirs. I've tried others and the beam patterns looked like crap because of the amount of light coming out of the end of the bulb. The purpose of the bulb capping they use is to spread the light evenly. BIG difference between the capping and the uncapped versions. Other companies "paint" the capping on the end but that ends up burning off and then your lights look like crap. Go with retro-solutions. The 5000k (what I got) is the closest to Pure White you'll find and looks much cleaner than the blue-ish tinted ones you'll see out there.
Do you have a link of the exact same thing you bought for the headlights and fogs?
Old 12-05-2010, 10:12 AM
WTFchuck
1st Gear Member

ended up ordering ddmtuning's 6k 35w and 3k 35 for the fogs
Old 12-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Post some pics when you get them installed. I'm really thinking about getting my fog lights from them. The price is so damn attractive.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:32 PM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

I used a shop in Jersey, AutoCouture Motoring that does custom lighting applications. I have the factory HID's, however I wanted a yellow HID application for my center fogs. They developed a VERY strong kit for the car. And the price was right. Give them a call, they'll hook you up. Their sales and customer service were awesome. Small shop, but they have better customer service than some of the larger manufacturers I've worked with.

Yellow HIDs by cameronjarki, on Flickr

Last edited by CJStang50; 12-05-2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: grammar correction

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: good HID kit for my 11?