Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

And the Final dealership bs begins..

Old 02-16-2011, 09:28 AM
StangKid018
3rd Gear Member

I know they are just playing games... Chances are when i go in today when i tell them to fix the tax problem for the plates and they give me bull ill just say forget it and walk away. I know i can get approved now. So they are going to have to work for my deal. Let the battle begin. :]
Old 02-16-2011, 10:28 AM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Keep us posted man good luck
Old 02-16-2011, 11:39 AM
StangKid018
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by iceguyb14
ive sold cars in the past. they are trying to use tricks on you. they want you to be in love with the car and accept other things.

they havent told you what they are giving you for your car, which is something they would know right away. they haven't told you bc they want to wait as long as possible and then just tell you "we are giving you $4k for your car" and have you accept it. the car may be worth $7k and if they give you $4k for it, thats $3k more gross they get in the front end of the deal. dont settle for less than what you ACTUALLY believe the car is worth. if they offer you a really low amount, have them tell you why and actually show you. most likely they use black book or an online guide, so have them show you where it shows the value.

they are lying when they say the bank wont play for the fees. you can finance any amount you want, depending on your credit (and your cobuyer) and your income. there are guys who roll over $5k in negative equity with no money down and the bank buys the loan. they just are trying to get you to finance less of the money and have your monthly payment be lower (thus looking like you are getting a great deal).

remember, car dealerships will try to negotiate on a monthly payment. that way if they get you where you want to be per month, you buy. you said you are getting the car for $22500. sounds good if the invoice is around $27k. so take that $22500 and go to online calculators for monthly payments. that way you can figure out what your monthly payment should be for a certain interest rate and with a certain amount down/trade value.

you buying the car in NH and living in MA is no problem. they can do the tags and titling for you. i live in VA and i sold a car to someone who lived in Alaska. we did all of the paperwork and had the car shipped there.

are you buying a new car or used? if its new, you should have an idea of an interest rate.
Im buying the car new... I was looking at the lines of $350-375 a month for 5 years. Only put down $750 and my mustang was at 8.5 interest so i planned around that rate. My question is
am i going to have to refill out all those credit app bull**** to fix they're asumption or is really $3+ month ($1200~1300) going to be a simple fix?
Old 02-16-2011, 03:10 PM
dadnpony
1st Gear Member

Has much as you want this car, Walk Away! The best weapon you have in your pocket is tell them no thanks, There are plenty of dealers looking to
move cars off thier lots. I've bought a few cars in my time and when they didn't meet me half way I would just tell them, I understand it's a business
decission for them but it's also one for me so maybe next time we can work
something out. 9 times out of 10 before I got home the dealership was calling
me with a better offer ! Good luck Stand your ground !
Old 02-16-2011, 06:01 PM
StangKid018
3rd Gear Member

So I drove in tonight after work and I was very disappointed. I walked out long story short if you don't care to listen to the rest but it's defiantly amusing say the least.. lol

So I go in start to talk to the business manager about the approval sheet and discuss on the numbers im going to see. So turns out they tried screwing me on the loan and tried charging me FULL PRICE on the damn thing. So i said your already wasting my time.. and he sayes it's a $30000 car, what did you expect? So i told him about the price was set at $22500 and i was looking at $350-375ish for a monthly payment. He replys: my sales person said you could have it for that price? I don't understand where hes coming from with that price and it's wasting everyones time, I should send him home for a week for wasting my time... So then he tries to tell me how they got me a goood interest rate which was 3.9 which is good but it would extend my loan by another damn year for a total monthly payment for 72 months at $430. So i told him thats ridiculous and you may/may not hear from me and thats it. I pretty much sent him the message I was very unhappy with this business deal he was trying to pull. What a waste of my time, gas and energy...

Oh and then he had the nerve to ask me to tell him whether I wanted the deal or not within a couple days because of the presidents sale this weekend!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:48 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Plenty of product out there man, **** that ****. I spent 13 months looking, and 11 months negotiating until I finally got what I wanted. Don't settle and keep looking, no rush.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:50 PM
HeadonaStick
1st Gear Member

Don't feel to obad... it's a dealer thing : http://www.technotruant.net/

Turned out okay for me - I actually got back into a Mustang so all's well that ends well I guess...
Old 02-16-2011, 07:18 PM
StangKid018
3rd Gear Member

No I hear you.. He tried getting me to sign the rest of the paper work and I refused too and he asked me why I would drive in here and not sign anything? I flat out told him because you changed the numbers around on me and acted like you were making a good deal. NOT! I may just not even call them back when they call me. The only reason ill call them back is if they take my check i put down for the credit app and put it into there account and ill tell them refund it now, I didn't sign off on **** after the credit app. I told him I want to see my numbers and ill consider it, but at full price you can forget about it because it's not happening and your not wasting mine or my fathers time, even if they are willing to drive to get papers signed. eff that.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:52 AM
dadnpony
1st Gear Member

You did the smart thing. As far a car selling goes there's no such thing a sale.
that's just a gimick to set the hook.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:42 PM
DESERTEAGLE50
1st Gear Member

that's why i like buying from the dealer my brother works at..i always get $7to$10 k off anycar i buy from them,the 5.0 they gave me $7k off the sticker & a $1500 rebate .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: And the Final dealership bs begins..