Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

And the Final dealership bs begins..

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:59 AM
StangKid018
3rd Gear Member

Well i told him it better be in the mail within a few days and in my account by Thursday or they will not hear the end of it and then be speaking to an attorney. If i were them I wouldn't be pushing my luck after trying and failing miserably at trying to screw me over into signing the papers for such a "great deal". But then again they are pretty stupid and think lowballing a car person thats into mustangs which was planning on buying another mustang.. anything is possible.. lol..

Just means ill continue looking at 5.0s like i was before.. Maybe Ill spend that $400 a month on 100+hp ;]
Old 02-22-2011, 09:11 AM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

I know you wont like this answer but did you ever think of buying an 11 v6? Procharge it and be at 475hp
Old 02-22-2011, 09:29 AM
StangKid018
3rd Gear Member

Why not procharge the v8 in the future? ;]
Old 10-17-2011, 09:02 PM
innate1325

Default Get the most for your trade-in

If you want to be sure you get the most for your trade-in, tell the dealer you want them to list it at Trading-In.com. I am part owner of Trading-In and our mission is to get people like you more for their trade-in.

Everything will happen like normal with respect to the trade-in process. Except you sign a contract with the dealer that they will put your trade-in (WITH the trade-in price they gave you) on our website. If it sells through our website, you split the profit with the dealer.

So you get the trade-in amount from the dealer, and then if it sells through Trading-In.com, you will get extra money.

Hope you don't mind me plugging my company here, but it doesn't cost anything for trade-in customers to use, so you have nothing to lose. Also, we will run a promo soon after our launch (we launch Oct 23) where we will guarantee you will get at least $250 more (than the trade-in price the dealer gave you) for your trade-in if you are the first one to get your dealer to use our website.

Its a great deal. I'm tired of dealers screwing people over on their trade-ins. Let me know if you have any questions or if you want to use trading-in.com. We will have a printout you can hand to the dealer so they will know what we are.

Originally Posted by cbaty08
The interest rate is no diff. than the price of what you are going to get for your trade-in... meaning that they can give whatever they want (with respect to the creditors regulations).

I would suggest, not necessary though, getting a quote from a credit union to help you battle down the rate they do eventually give you...

If they want to keep shoveling you BS, take your business elsewhere... they aren't the only ones who sell 'stangs ; )

Good luck!

PS also, go to edmunds.com and KNOW what the actual invoice of the car was, then decide what you feel is a fair profit for the dealership and offer that. And if it is a 2010 still on the lot, they will go way below invoice even because they want it gone, YESTERDAY!!!!! GL!
Old 10-19-2011, 02:03 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

The best way is to get pre-approved by a bank or credit union for X amount of dollars with a low interest rate. Then go to the dealership with a blank check and negotiate the price of the car. You avoid all the dealer BS and write the check for the amount of the purchase and drive away with your car. Dealerships not only make money on selling you the car and your trade-in but also financing your new car. They're raping you every which way from Sunday.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:27 PM
StangisSwag
2nd Gear Member

^ur sig freaked me out...