Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Which color did you pick and why?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 09:14 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

Default Which color did you pick and why?

I'm having a hard time deciding what color to order. I'm a big fan of the grey colors, but with the loss of Sterling Grey for 2012, I'm left only with the option of Ingot Silver, which I still do like, but am afraid I might get bored with it.

I thought I would ask you folks. What color did you choose and why. I'm hoping not to get a lot of responses such as "it was all they had" but more from the people who set out to find a specific color.

I have been trying to find info on Lava Red, but haven't seen any pictures of what it will look like on the mustang.

It would be great for you guys who love to take high-res snap shots, to post pics of your different colored cars too. Would be nice to see them all side by side.

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:16 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

I bought performance white, because it goes best with all stripe colors and designs, it hides dents and scratches, and it is my favorite color for cars. Plus, the other colors are kinda flat to me, and I don't really like the sparkly paint colors Ford has, they are way to expensive to respray.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:27 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
I bought performance white, because it goes best with all stripe colors and designs, it hides dents and scratches, and it is my favorite color for cars. Plus, the other colors are kinda flat to me, and I don't really like the sparkly paint colors Ford has, they are way to expensive to respray.
Hmmm. An excellent argue for white. I have also found it stays the cleanest the longest, if not a close second to silver.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Tex-stang
2nd Gear Member

I went with race red, because red is my favorite color and it was the best red that was offered at the time. The MCA package looked the best on it, In my opinion red is the color that jumps out the most. As far as what ace was talking about with hiding dents and scratches red is somewhere in the middle with white and black being the two extremes.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Kixsters
2nd Gear Member

Performance White, because its my favorite color, its cleaner, looks better with any color rims, looks great with oem valace, rockers & front lip, but maily cause i always like to have my cars clean and white lasts longer clean.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:07 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Yup as stated before, white was one of the few conditions I set out with. (In hind sight a v8 would have been a better condition haha )

But I chose white because it hides water stains, swirl marks and other stuff like small door dents that WILL drive you crazy every time you look at your car haha. And its easy to touch up and cheaper to respray.

On the downside, its tough to get an even wax job on performance white cause its so hard to see where the dang wax is(IMO).
Old 02-20-2011, 11:34 PM
11 GT CVT

Grabber Blue-always liked that color since it came out in the late 60's.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:42 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I went with grabber blue because there is no other color out there exactly like it. I wanted it to stand out and be different. Dont get me wrong the car looks hot in all of the other colors, but all you see is white, red, silver, and black cars.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:32 AM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

White, because I didn't think I'd have the time to take care of a black car and I didn't have a garage.

Well, now I realized I will MAKE time to make my car look clean and nice, and I moved into a house with a garage. Shortsightedness FTL.

BUT I do like my PW. Black hood spears and black vinyl roof get compliments, also with the black/machined PP wheels. It also makes the plastic parts look better, in the sense that the black creates a contrast. I don't think I would have been happy with that plastic on a black car unless I get it all painted.

But I really like clean, white cars.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:33 AM
cdv478

I don't have a Mustang yet, but I want Race Red or Performance White. I like them both for the reasons everyone else has stated, and originally wanted white until I saw a red car in person... then I became torn. I will buy a red car if I place an order, and probably get a white one if I go with dealer inventory. It'll depend whats available when my Subaru sells or the dealer gives me what I want for it on trade.

One thing I noticed regarding selling a red car is that people either love or hate it. My 2008 Subaru STI is Lightning Red, and people have asked about it but held back because they didn't want red. White is more neutral... a person wanting silver will probably consider white and vice versa, but not likely red. If you find a person wanting red, the color can be the decisive factor to make them want to buy your car, but white I think appeals to a broader cross section of people.

Quick Reply: Which color did you pick and why?