Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Opinions wanted: Red Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 04:50 AM
GT37
1st Gear Member

No problem, they definitely do "pop" more in person
Old 06-03-2011, 08:17 AM
jlc41
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
Thanks for the pics. They don't pop out as much as I thought
That's because he took the pic's from a block away lol.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:42 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT37
No problem, they definitely do "pop" more in person
What he said. They do not pop out at you. It is just a little contrast as opposed to either the really splashy colors and the blackout look. A Corvette's just not just jump out at you, just a subtle contrast. I do apologize for saying the "C" word on this forum.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:25 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the inputs/pics. Something to consider. Maybe black would be nice.

Still deciding on painting it myself vs. covers. The covers cost a ridiculous amount. That's 2/3 of the price of a JLT CAI that I've been thinking of adding. When I put it that way, it's almost a no brainer to get the CAI first.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:15 AM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

Covers are ricer...Painted calipers are custom and look fine. Covers are want-a-be fake garbage. They have no function except to pretend they are something they are not big red Brembos. If you can't afford the real thing don't pretend to with covers.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:23 PM
GT37
1st Gear Member

I agree, I was thinking about just getting covers but I'm glad I went with the paint
Old 06-04-2011, 06:33 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

I was thinking about painting mine, but figured it would be too much maintenance. I'm going to use a wire brush on mine just to clean them up. I think the RED would be a good choice for you.

Last edited by kzonts; 06-04-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:45 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

I went with red which seems to work wih any color car. Blue looks good too.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:24 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 908ssp
Covers are ricer...Painted calipers are custom and look fine.
LOL!! I love it when someone doesn't like something it automatically becomes "ricer." Painted calipers are custom? So you slap a coat of paint on a caliper and it automatically becomes custom? LOL!! No... what you have are ugly *** factory calipers... just a different color.

Covers are want-a-be fake garbage. They have no function except to pretend they are something they are not big red Brembos.
Really!? No Function? Their function is to cover up the ugly *** factory calipers. As an added bonus it helps cut down on the brake dust.
The front cover says "Mustang," and the rear one has "GT" on it. Where does it say Brembo? Anyone with an IQ above 15 can look at them and tell what they are.

If you can't afford the real thing don't pretend to with covers.
$3,000 vs $200? Once again... a no brainer.

I've been on both sides of the fence and I got tired of having to paint my calipers every year because of chips and flaking. Given a choice I'll take covers any day of the week.

Speaking of rice... have you looked at the rear end of your car lately? Someone installed a dish rack on the trunk lid.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photo...139140/cat/all

Last edited by D'prived; 06-05-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:22 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by D'prived
LOL!! I love it when someone doesn't like something it automatically becomes "ricer." Painted calipers are custom? So you slap a coat of paint on a caliper and it automatically becomes custom? LOL!! No... what you have are ugly *** factory calipers... just a different color.

Really!? No Function? Their function is to cover up the ugly *** factory calipers. As an added bonus it helps cut down on the brake dust.
The front cover says "Mustang," and the rear one has "GT" on it. Where does it say Brembo? Anyone with an IQ above 15 can look at them and tell what they are.

$3,000 vs $200? Once again... a no brainer.

I've been on both sides of the fence and I got tired of having to paint my calipers every year because of chips and flaking. Given a choice I'll take covers any day of the week.

Speaking of rice... have you looked at the rear end of your car lately? Someone installed a dish rack on the trunk lid.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photo...139140/cat/all

wow lol

Anyways I had red on my old 06 stang but decided to go with a dark ford blue on my 2010. Couldn't be happier. I would say go with the red and paint them got some high temp mustang decals and it will look great. I was never a big fan of the brake covers.

Quick Reply: Opinions wanted: Red Calipers