Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Mustang Electronics Kit.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:59 AM
IntentionallyChewy

Default Mustang Electronics Kit.

Does anyone know where you can buy the electronics kit? My car didn't come with one, but I'd like to add it in so I can get the touch screen, and keep the SYNC. I've looked on American Muscle, and I searched both Ebay and Google, but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:17 PM
mondo73
2nd Gear Member

You can't buy it. You would have to sell your car and then purchase a Mustang with it.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

It's not a simple "plug in" option. The wiring harnesses are different and the cost of buying all of the wires, parts, and components to match what woudl have come with the electronics package far exceeds the cost than if you would've bought it with the car.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:58 PM
roblee121
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
It's not a simple "plug in" option. The wiring harnesses are different and the cost of buying all of the wires, parts, and components to match what woudl have come with the electronics package far exceeds the cost than if you would've bought it with the car.

i have tried calling a couple different dealerships to see if i can get the ford navi console installed and i havent been able to get a conclusive answer... most of them are like umm i dont know, let me get your number and i will call you back. ..... . no response...

if you figure something out please let me know i would love to upgrade to the ford navi touch screen as long as its like less than $2500
Old 06-22-2011, 05:16 PM
KonaStangPete
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by roblee121
less than $2500

for that kinda money why not do something more unique like the ipad guy
http://www.3spro.com/mustangs/mustangs/Home.html
Old 06-22-2011, 07:47 PM
IntentionallyChewy

I would like to just go aftermarket, get a better stereo, and call it a day. However, I enjoy the Ford SYNC, and I would like to keep it. Install difficulty is no issue, and considering they sell it as a $1,500 option I would hope that just parts would cost the same, maybe less. I'm willing to go as high as $2,000. If I find out any information I'll be sure to post it on here. I'll also include an install "how-to."

Anyone else have any information? Part numbers maybe?
Old 06-23-2011, 07:42 AM
roblee121
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KonaStangPete

for that kinda money why not do something more unique like the ipad guy
http://www.3spro.com/mustangs/mustangs/Home.html
wow thats some serious work there mad props to who every that guy is... its cool but not for me.. i more into the clean cut kinda look. plus i am trying to get from one to place to the other, not launch a frickin space ship lol.....
Old 06-23-2011, 07:44 AM
roblee121
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IntentionallyChewy
I would like to just go aftermarket, get a better stereo, and call it a day. However, I enjoy the Ford SYNC, and I would like to keep it. Install difficulty is no issue, and considering they sell it as a $1,500 option I would hope that just parts would cost the same, maybe less. I'm willing to go as high as $2,000. If I find out any information I'll be sure to post it on here. I'll also include an install "how-to."

Anyone else have any information? Part numbers maybe?
deffinitly any information would be extremely helpful... i want this upgrade bad ..... i work in oilfield sales so im constantly on the road... and im like you i would go after market but im not willing to give up the Ford SYNC either.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:59 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

The components of the heating and cooling systems in a Electronics Package car are different. Wiring harness is different. There are multiple sensors that include inside temp and Sunlight load that are not available in a non-EP car. The SJB would need to be reprogrammed.

The ONLY way I could see this being possible is to have a complete Donor car and swap every part under the dash that is different. So unless you have a connection that owns a late model salvage yard it is not going to be cheap. Perhaps several years from now when 2010-2012 Mustangs are more prevalent in Junk Yards the swap would be more feasible.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:50 PM
majik755
2nd Gear Member

I could be wrong because I have not done this yet, but was trying to figure it out as well. I thought I'd seen other threads where they purchased an aftermarket NAV radio, a Metra kit for retrofitting in dash and heating control,etc , and two optional wiring adapters for the steering wheel and SYNC hookups. Did you try Crutchfields site and asked the sales guys if it can be done? They're usually very good if they think they can sell you something.

Quick Reply: Mustang Electronics Kit.