Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

2011 GT Sterling Grey with Drag DR-37

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 01:13 AM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

So how do you like the DR-37/Hankook combo now that you've had some drive time on them?? Are the wheels heavy? Do you notice a big difference in weight feel or handling compared to the stockers?

I just put DR-34s/Yokohamas on my wife's Mini Cooper and it's time for me to (at a minimmum) replace my tires before winter. -Been thinking of the Hankooks for my factory 19" rims...or possibly going with the DR-37s (at the risk of matching my wife's wheels) and maybe a staggered setup.

I just saw a 2011 GT500 at the service department with the SVT wheels that are nearly identical to the DR-37s...except the DR-37s actually might look nicer and definitely are less expensive.

Am I correct to assume that the factory Mustang center caps don't fit the Drag wheels? That's a (pun intended) drag!!

Last edited by STANGmole; 10-01-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:35 AM
j_marinelli

Originally Posted by STANGmole
So how do you like the DR-37/Hankook combo now that you've had some drive time on them?? Are the wheels heavy? Do you notice a big difference in weight feel or handling compared to the stockers?

I just put DR-34s/Yokohamas on my wife's Mini Cooper and it's time for me to (at a minimmum) replace my tires before winter. -Been thinking of the Hankooks for my factory 19" rims...or possibly going with the DR-37s (at the risk of matching my wife's wheels) and maybe a staggered setup.

I just saw a 2011 GT500 at the service department with the SVT wheels that are nearly identical to the DR-37s...except the DR-37s actually might look nicer and definitely are less expensive.

Am I correct to assume that the factory Mustang center caps don't fit the Drag wheels? That's a (pun intended) drag!!

So far they are good. They do fill a bit heavier them my stock 18s but I was kinda prepared for that. The tires arent my favorite but do get the job done. We will see what the tread life is on them. I really am a Nitto person but the size I was wanting they didnt have so I tried these.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:20 PM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

What is lacking with the tires?? No matter what...I absolutely have to buy new 19" tires before winter sets in and I was seriously considering the Hankooks.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:19 PM
j_marinelli

What is lacking with the tires?? No matter what...I absolutely have to buy new 19" tires before winter sets in and I was seriously considering the Hankooks.
Just seems they dont grip as well as others out there. If that isnt an issue, I would get them because they are the best bang for buck out there.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:48 AM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

Dry grip isn't that much of an issue for me. My main criteria is wet grip (they ranked high in that magazine article for wet traction), noise (ranked good for that too), and tread life.

They're cheap enough that if I can get 25K miles out of them (5K more than I was able to get out of my original equipment all-season Pirellis) I'll be happy with the tread life.

If they're not the ultimate in dry performance I don't really care....I'm not planning on autocrossing or drag racing and I don't get too crazy during the drive to work or to pick my kids up from school ;-)
Old 03-06-2012, 08:10 PM
RI_2011_GT

Do different center caps fit?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Ladyhawke

Those wheels look great on your car. I've seen the RTR and like them but I like these too.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:20 PM
BB2 5.0

I can't wait to get mine. Hopefully he gets my black lugs by install day. I got the Bridgestone 970 pole position. They have almost the best in dry and wet, behind the Michelin Sports and other Bridgestone (both summer only tires). Much better than Hancock. They are a bit of money, but 40,000mi tires too...fronts anyway (;
Old 06-09-2012, 12:25 PM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

Are you guys getting the same or better MPG with the Drag/tire choice over the stock wheel setup?
Old 04-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Highforthis

I just got the dr37 in matte black in a staggered setup on pirelli p zero neros. Front is 245-45-19 back is 275-40-19.
Wheel is 19x8 and 19x9.5. I will post pics when I can. The only thing I didn't like was how the back wheels are concave and the front ones were convex. I would've liked both of them to be concave

Quick Reply: 2011 GT Sterling Grey with Drag DR-37