Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Seeking Guidance: Tires, Rims and Lowering

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 09:48 PM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

Couldn't be happier with my setup with no noticeable negative side effects.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Karnage541
1st Gear Member

19X9 in front with 19X10 out back. Just about feels the same as with the stock 18X8's. If your worried about it just look for a nice set of 18's to put on. Iv seen some that look good when its lowered.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:49 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Maybe try asking around about this package. It gives a modest drop that should be dealer friendly so you shouldn't have any issues with warranty work as long as you get a Ford dealer to install also. But if you choose not to go with this pretty much any progressive spring is going to be good for a comfortable low ride. As far as struts, a lot of people on here use Koni yellows. Now wheels and tires, if you remain with the same size things should remain pretty close to stock.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-h...ck-0512gt.html
Old 08-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Hotchkis
Former Sponsor

Swervo - Thanks! We hope Mike likes his new TVS kit!

�@

VEssen - The entire suspension upgrade TVS kit has a suggested retail price of $2633. Our distributors periodically have special prices on Hotchkis parts. We've already seen it selling for a few hundred dollars less through other forum sponsors.

If you're looking for a smoothe ride, but want to lower your Mustang and upgrade the cornering performance, we suggest a set of Sport Springs and a set of front and rear adjustable sway bars if the stock sway bars are not performing well enough for you. If you’re not worried about handling and just want the lower stance, the springs alone may be a good choice. We pride ourselves on designing springs that improve stance and handling but still offer a sporty but comfortable ride. That said – the car will not be as smooth as it is stock. Any time you lower a car with sport springs they will have shorter travel, increasing the chance of the car bottoming out over bumps. Spring manufacturers compensate for this by making the spring rate stiffer. We have ridden in cars equipped with our competitor’s springs and they are much stiffer – but even our parts won’t ride like stock.

Here's the parts we offer for the new Mustang: CLICK

Last edited by Hotchkis; 08-12-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:58 PM
VEssen
1st Gear Member

Hotchkis, that is very helpful. Thank you kindly.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:25 AM
VEssen
1st Gear Member

--Deleted--

Last edited by VEssen; 08-14-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:39 AM
VEssen
1st Gear Member

Disregard my above post. Having read this, I think I'm sold on the Koni STR.T Shocks and Struts and Steeda Sport Springs. So my next question is, do I need anything else? For example the OP in that thread also replaced the factory strut mounts with Steeda's heavy duty mounts and strut brace.

I'm also not sure where to get the best price on these...
Old 08-14-2011, 02:01 AM
mystangisblack
2nd Gear Member

IMO don't go bigger than 19s
Old 08-14-2011, 02:10 AM
VEssen
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mystangisblack
IMO don't go bigger than 19s
I would actually prefer 18s or 19s, but right now I'm pretty much sold on the Vossen VVSCV3s which only come in 20...
Old 08-14-2011, 10:20 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VEssen
Disregard my above post. Having read this, I think I'm sold on the Koni STR.T Shocks and Struts and Steeda Sport Springs. So my next question is, do I need anything else? For example the OP in that thread also replaced the factory strut mounts with Steeda's heavy duty mounts and strut brace.

I'm also not sure where to get the best price on these...
That is the same thing I'm considering. Sam Strano has a package that sells them together for about 650 here. Shipping and handling idk about though. Everyone seems to be extremely please with the set up.

Quick Reply: Seeking Guidance: Tires, Rims and Lowering