Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

NEED HELP ON COLOR CHOICE BLUE/BLACK

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 12:00 PM
justang123

Default NEED HELP ON COLOR CHOICE BLUE/BLACK

dear fellow enthuiests im getting my first car (2012 mustang v6) and i am stressing on which color to buy, kona blue or black. my first choice was sterling gray but as you may know they replaced it with **** yellow and **** brown ( lava red or wutever). my arguements on the colors seem to go back and forth. please help me decide soon for i am getting this car in exactly 1 week.

my arguements for blue:
not quite "blue" more of a unique purple
may not look as badass but maybe at night?

my arguements for black:
i could get any other car in black. mustangs shud be unique
i see too many black mustangs on the road
i am getting blue underglow so im not sure which color wud look better.

THANK YOU FOR UR HELP !
Old 08-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

well you are probably going to get flamed for getting neon underbody lights, which i personally wouldnt put on a mustang.

i had a black 06GT for 5 years, it looks amazing when cleaned but black cars you have to clean and garage keep them to keep them spotless. cant take them thru automatic car washes because it will leave swirls in the paint, cant use regular towels because they will leave swirls in the paint you have to use microfiber towels only, which you can get at like any auto parts store, they are relitively cheap.

kona blue on the other hand is also a sick color but is going to require the same maintenance as a black car. ive heard that it is the hardest color for ford to paint there is alot of issues in paint in brand new cars people have spotted because its such a high maintenance color to spray.

either way both colors are high maintenance

i would go would kona blue if it was my choice
Old 08-03-2011, 12:28 PM
justang123

haha well i am only 17 and im getting the lights for free so why not right? i didnt hear about the paint ever having problems :0 thank you for that information
Old 08-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

it was an earlier problem with the 2011's, i tried seraching for some threads where people were talking about it but couldnt come up with anything. dont let it scare you out of getting a color, i am sure that it may have since been corrected by now, on the other hand i know that there were multiple people that had the same issue. and it is something to consider, lets say your car gets backed in to, and you were to get it repainted by the dealership. they may have an extremely hard time getting the paint to match, even more so with kona blue.

if you were to order one or get one from the dealership, just be sure to check the paint inch by inch to make sure that everything matches, it it dosnt the dealer will be obligated to repaint it before you buy it, or they wont sell a car.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:47 PM
justang123

i am also taking into consideration about my aftermarket choices too. the stock rims are ****ty so im going to duplicolor spray them black , then save money to buy racing stars. also i like the 3d carbon front facsia but they only have the black examples, not the blue.
even tho everyone tells me its SAFE to go black, i wud feel like a massive ***** for being SAFE. i will very much so consider kona blue now. but this is a car i am going to keep for AT LEAST 10 years and am going to make it a daily driver so this is a very important decision as you already know...
Old 08-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by justang123
i am also taking into consideration about my aftermarket choices too. the stock rims are ****ty so im going to duplicolor spray them black , then save money to buy racing stars. also i like the 3d carbon front facsia but they only have the black examples, not the blue.
even tho everyone tells me its SAFE to go black, i wud feel like a massive ***** for being SAFE. i will very much so consider kona blue now. but this is a car i am going to keep for AT LEAST 10 years and am going to make it a daily driver so this is a very important decision as you already know...
yea you def wanna keep your options open for mods. i am at work right now but when i get home i will post pictures of my car. the new 3.7's are quite impressive for v6's. if i were you i would get a GT front end and throw a GT/CS front valence on it, it will really stand out, and look sharp.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Judged88

Ok...1. Black is super sexy, however black is VERY hard to maintain, swirls can come out of no where and every water spot, piece of dirt, or pollen will show. 2. PLEASE don't get undercarriage lights lol
Old 08-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

I actually went looking for a Kona Blue or Black when I got mine, then I saw the Grabber Blue and really had a hard decision. But you can see where I went
Old 08-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

I work with a guy who has an 11 Kona Blue 5.0. The Blue shows swirl marks, raindrops, dirt etc... almost as bad as black. If you really want Black it's not going to be that much more of a PITA than the Kona Blue. The Black will be worse to maintain but between the two either will keep you busy.

FWIW I like the Kona Blue better. Both are winners...enjoy either way.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:15 AM
04NGTMARE
1st Gear Member

I'll keep it short and sweet....BLACK

Quick Reply: NEED HELP ON COLOR CHOICE BLUE/BLACK