Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Looks like new parts are in my future....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Default Looks like new parts are in my future....

It's too true. People just don't respect other people or their things.

Tuesday evening, as I'm leaving work, I'm driving across a relatively busy street. I sit at the STOP sign waiting for quite a while for a break in the cross traffic. Across the street, there is another car who has pulled up and stopped at the adjacent STOP sign. No blinker so I could see w/ the rain and cross traffic. Finally, I see a break in traffic and go ahead to cross the street. As I'm about 1/2 way through the intersection, this OTHER car, just floors it and jumps out in front of me, apparently trying to turn left, crossing my intended path of travel.

You've guessed it....SHE hit me.

Needless to say, I was HOT! I immediately call 911 to report it and stay inside the car as I did not see any smoke....(also turned the ignition off). This woman, jumps out of her car, running through the oncoming traffic that is trying to get around us, and NOW trying to dodge her. She comes up to my window, "Ohh gosh! I'm sooo Sorry. Are you OK?" (Winning! She just admitted fault!) I say NOTHING to her, just stay on the phone w/ 911.

Fastforward to the EMS and Police coming. I'm not "hurt" other than being livid that my 2012, 3118 mile (at the time) car is damaged due to someone else's neglegence. Cop gets our information. It takes me a little bit b/c I JUST got my license plates and new drivers license LAST WEEK and have yet to get my new insurance cards. I give him my stuff and he asks us to move the vehicles to a parking lot. SHE hit me SO HARD that I have to back up so that her car and get unlodged.

In the parking lot, COP comes over to give me my stuff back and police report. The woman just up and leaves. I FINALLY, after getting permission from the Cop, get out and survey the damage. (Sorry no pics yet.) Not as bad as I thought. Collision scrapped and bent/tore the bumper cover pretty bad. Actual bumper MIGHT be bent a little, DS fog light is broken and the foglight grill is broken in some spots. At first it looked as if the car was raised up in the front.

Afterwards, I take to the FORD dealership to have them just visually inspect it b/c of the Thanksgiving Holiday, it's going to be at least a few days until I can get intouch w/ Allstate and get this taken care of. Other than the visible damage, the only functional damage is the DS foglight. (Whew!)

OK....now that the back story is there, and knowing that I have a $500 deductable...it's PROBABLY going to cost me MORE in the long run to have INS take care of the damages, unless they find her 100% at fault, and w/ out eye witnesses, it's just my word against hers.

Does anyone have a RACE RED front bumper cover for a desent price??? Stock preferablly. Checked the 'Stealers' on ebay and it looks like $300-ish shipped is the cheapest for a painted one. Also....gonna need ONE DS foglight.
Looks like I'm going to get that 3DCarbon "Eleanor" styled grill to get rid of the running horse and move the stock fogs to the center a little sooner than I thought!
Old 11-27-2011, 11:46 AM
acquah20
1st Gear Member

http://www.roushperformance.com/part...-category.html

Im not sure how much the bumper is shipped but for 200 painted from roush its a hell of a deal and you can get the oem foglights with grille from there as well
Old 11-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

SWEET!!! I didn't even think about checking w/ Roush. Awesome! $200 is CHEAP for a painted bumper cover! BUT.......$195 for shipping!!!!???? That's $400!!!! Dang!

Not going to need the stock grill, just one stock fog light. Going w/ a grill w/ centered fogs. It's actually cheaper.

Maybe I can find an Authorized Roush dealer here in the area that will work w/ me on the shipping. There are 3 locally w/in 15 miles drive.

Last edited by Ditty; 11-27-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:08 PM
acquah20
1st Gear Member

Yeah i'm actually gonna be going with the elanor center fogs myself for xmas but in your case i know that set-up reuses the original fogs. I didn't think it would be that much for shipping from roush, the only thing that would be worth it in my eyes is the fact you know its gonna be a quality paint job since its a new take off if you know what i mean and its from roush
Old 11-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

That and I MIGHT be getting some $$$ from insurance. I've GOT to call 'em tomorrow!!!! I know she's at fault, but whether THEY see it that way or not is a WHOLE different story. The Police Officer, as nice as he was about it, said that he cannot assign blame b/c HE did not see it. "But, unofficially, it DOES appear that she came across your intended path AFTER you were moving" he tells me as I'm angrily smoking a ciggarette in the rain! "You can tell b/c of where I found your front license plate and bracket. It was all the way over there!" (He pointed to the corner of the intersection to the right-front of my car.) "If you'd of hit her, it would have gone more straight and been over there." (pointing to the area of my intended path.)
"Dude. Wanna tell that to my insurance company when they call you?"
"Sorry, I can't make a decision on blame b/c I didn't witness the accident."

Sucks!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:52 PM
xenocide
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ditty
That and I MIGHT be getting some $$$ from insurance. I've GOT to call 'em tomorrow!!!! I know she's at fault, but whether THEY see it that way or not is a WHOLE different story. The Police Officer, as nice as he was about it, said that he cannot assign blame b/c HE did not see it. "But, unofficially, it DOES appear that she came across your intended path AFTER you were moving" he tells me as I'm angrily smoking a ciggarette in the rain! "You can tell b/c of where I found your front license plate and bracket. It was all the way over there!" (He pointed to the corner of the intersection to the right-front of my car.) "If you'd of hit her, it would have gone more straight and been over there." (pointing to the area of my intended path.)
"Dude. Wanna tell that to my insurance company when they call you?"
"Sorry, I can't make a decision on blame b/c I didn't witness the accident."

Sucks!
Don't worry about paying your deductable. Her insurance should pay everything
Old 11-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Strangely, I just noticed....we both have the SAME insurance company!!! LOL. Allstate isn't going to be happy! Eitherway, they are out a good chunk of change.

Question for those that HAVE delt w/ getting cosmetic repairs done. Would I be wise to take it somewhere and get an estimate ASAP, or just wait until Allstate sends out a guy to look at the car? I'd either like to talk to a shop that is going to order the parts OR talk to the adjuster guy since I'm thinking of NOT using 100% stock parts from FORD.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:20 PM
xenocide
2nd Gear Member

All state is the worst for repairs. When you take it to an allstate preferred shop MAKE SURE THEY WRITE IT FOR OEM PARTS!!!!! they will only do after market parts if you don't tell them. (aftermarket parts are cheaper)
Old 11-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Well, I've been looking around on the interwebs and found some New Take Offs at Roush and at NewTakeOffs.com. $200 for a painted front bumper is AWESOME!! Shipping....ehh....$170-200. I'd rather NOT have the stock grill assembly. Rather have this:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...E-Style-Grille

Hopefully the shop can hook me up on that. I'll also need a new foglight for the driver side. Thinking MAYBE $50 for a new one. Wish there was an option to get the parts you wanted and install 'em myself as long as it wasn't more than what a shop would charge. Guess we'll see tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:54 PM
xenocide
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ditty
Well, I've been looking around on the interwebs and found some New Take Offs at Roush and at NewTakeOffs.com. $200 for a painted front bumper is AWESOME!! Shipping....ehh....$170-200. I'd rather NOT have the stock grill assembly. Rather have this:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...E-Style-Grille

Hopefully the shop can hook me up on that. I'll also need a new foglight for the driver side. Thinking MAYBE $50 for a new one. Wish there was an option to get the parts you wanted and install 'em myself as long as it wasn't more than what a shop would charge. Guess we'll see tomorrow.
The repair shop has to have Fordparts invoices. so you'll have to try and wait for them to cut you a check for the damages to your car. Also, Call allstate and ask to file a diminished value claim. they should pay you ATLEAST 1000 dollars. Thats what they cut me for my 2011 when a teen girl did 5K worth of damage to my rear.

Be glad it was such a light accident. My car doesn't ride right anymore

Quick Reply: Looks like new parts are in my future....