Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Brembo Packages, Squeaky?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 09:20 AM
1nsanegt
2nd Gear Member

Default Brembo Packages, Squeaky?

Anyone have the Brembo package and getting an annoying squeak from the brakes under light pressure?

my car has 10k on it, and its a pretty embarrassing driving a 36k car and the brakes squeal like POS.

I just got back from the dealer, and they "couldn't replicate the customers concern" wow thanks.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:40 PM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

No squeaking here
Old 12-09-2011, 10:45 AM
GhastlyTT

My rear driver side squeaks and scrapes when i turn left. Don't know if the rear's are brembo pads or not. Only my front brakes are branded Brembo. Annoying as hell. Gonna take it to Ford soon and have them look at it.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:03 PM
rebus
1st Gear Member

I retro-fitted the Brembo's on my 06, and yes they do squeal under light pressure, and have since day one. Everything was brand new from FRPP, and I followed recommended bedding procedures. One major difference between the stock brakes and the Brembo's that may contribute to the squeal is floating vs non floating (fixed) calipers. The stock Ferodo pads probably also contribute to the noise. Mine doesn't always squeal, but it can be annoying. I usually let up on the pedal then push down again and most of the time it will stop. The price you pay for performance brakes.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:31 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

The squeaking is from the pads being metallic and once your car sits even for a while the breaks build up some stuff on them and will lightly squeak.

I took my 11 v6 in for this problem, no brembos, and my *trusted* service tech advisor told me that. he is not a sleez, I know it was not a lie.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:40 PM
cbc24

you are correct itd be the metallic pads, Good performing brakes are suposed too be noisy.. Metallic pads are higher performance pads that grab more but with the fallback of noise, ceramic pads be alot quieter with less performance
Old 12-11-2011, 09:55 PM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

I guess I got quiet brembos lol btw the rear are regular ford stuff only fronts are brembos
Old 12-12-2011, 06:13 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

I put a take-off set of Brembos on my v6. Mine don't make squeal at all.

If my brakes have ever made noise it was because I didn't use enough brake grease between the shims and pads. The Brembos use a quick change pad that comes out without having to remove the caliper. The pads are super easy to remove and grease. I'd try that and see if it fixes it.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:23 AM
rebus
1st Gear Member

The FRPP kit came with new front and rear Ferodo pads. They are supposed to be the stock pads used on the GT500. Don't know if the Brembo package uses the same pad material. In my case I think it's the backing plate of the pad as wrxified pointed out. The rear sliding caliper brakes are silent with the same pad material as the front. Brakes squeal for various reasons including the pad material itself, rotor surface condition, misalignment, backing plate lubrication, worn out pads, and so on. Some brake pads come with a brake warning sensor that will emit a squealing noise when the pads are worn to a point where they should be changed. With only 10,000 mi on your car wear shouldn't be an issue yet. Ford should be able to take care of it, hopefully with a little grease, maybe you should let them know they have to drive it to replicate it.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:01 AM
gt/cs07
2nd Gear Member

The only other thing I have heard of is if you recently rotated your tires and for some reason one wheel was cast differently. Sometimes the extra thickness of a wheel can cause slight rubbing heard only during braking but I have only talked to a few people who had that problem. Not to mention you would see wear on your caliper or wheel somewhere.

Quick Reply: Brembo Packages, Squeaky?