Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Rear Wheel Offsets on a 19x10.5 Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 02:42 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Maybe someone will, but I know most people just go for the wheels on American Muscle. I'd do the measurements myself but my car is covered for the winter right now, plus it's cold out! Haha
Old 01-23-2012, 02:44 PM
WILECYOT

Well I appreciate it. I understand. The reason I didn't want to do it on my car is because I'm not lowered yet. I'm going to lower and do wheels all at the same time. When I lower it I'm going all out with coilovers, control arms, probably a watts link although they're not my favorite, and whatever else I need to go really low.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:51 PM
CARTOON

Originally Posted by WILECYOT
I've read over those blogs a few times now but I just hate the look of those wheels. I'm not looking to build my car into a track car or do any autocross or track events with it. I'm just wanting to make a little saturday night cruiser. I drive the car to and from work so I'm not going to be able to slam it or anything. Below you will find a picture of the look I'm going for. The rear fitment is WAY too wide and that isn't how wide I want to go but I am really digging the front fitment. The wheels are 18x10.5 +22 to give you an idea of what I"m working with.

WHOS AR IS THIS!? Is it a member here? I need MOAR pics!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:48 AM
freyes
2nd Gear Member

My previous answer to you had nothing to do with autocross. If you looked at the wheels and the blog you would have seen the wheel offset and size that fits into the front and back wheel wells. I was not proposing that you purchase the wheels on the Vorshlag web site, only to check out the wheel dimensions. Some Autocross classes are limited to wheel widths which fit inside the wheel wells. This required Terry to get wheels specially manufactured that would fit his needs. He is running 18 x 10.5 wheels with a .42 mm offset. That is possibly the widest wheel you can run on a S197 mustang without fender rolling. It looks like you found out the same information on facebook.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:43 PM
WILECYOT

Yes, but he is also sunk in a bit. I didn't disregard your post, it just wasn't what I needed.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010...-question.html

did you see this post? Alan posted some 9.5 +40 pictures from a lot of angles and that looks pretty good to me. that should give you a rough estimate of what to aim for / adjust accordingly.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CARTOON
WHOS AR IS THIS!? Is it a member here? I need MOAR pics!
We're not Worthy!!!! We're not Worthy!!!! What a sweet ride, should have gotten that front end.....GRRRRRRRR!!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:39 AM
CARTOON

Originally Posted by Wil
We're not Worthy!!!! We're not Worthy!!!! What a sweet ride, should have gotten that front end.....GRRRRRRRR!!!!

So I take it no one knows whos car it is, nor does anyone have any other pics?
Old 01-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

don't know who owns the car, if its helpful, I can tell you that he has a saleen grill, a roush front bumper, some varrstoen wheels that are a knock off of volk te37's, vinyl carbon fiber looking wrap on the roof, roush side splitters .. and what appears to be a gt500 spoiler, but that is largely a guess with the picture provided
Old 01-29-2012, 08:28 AM
freyes
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
don't know who owns the car, if its helpful, I can tell you that he has a saleen grill, a roush front bumper, some varrstoen wheels that are a knock off of volk te37's, vinyl carbon fiber looking wrap on the roof, roush side splitters .. and what appears to be a gt500 spoiler, but that is largely a guess with the picture provided
Looks like it may be a V6 mustang based on the headlights and fender badge.

Quick Reply: Rear Wheel Offsets on a 19x10.5 Wheel