Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Calling all Owners of white Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 05:52 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

Check out my Plasti Dip side rocker stripes... easy and cost ~$5

Old 06-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Whiskey8

I don't want to double post my first week here so I'll just put up a few pics and link to my original post about my new 2011 Performance White GT that's currently en route...

Click here for original post.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Whiskey8

Originally Posted by JimmyM
Check out my Plasti Dip side rocker stripes... easy and cost ~$5

Those hood stripes look great with that hood! Was considering them for mine but don't think the rise is high enough on the stock hood. I've seen it done on stock and it looks good but it doesn't set it off nearly as much.

Rocker stripes look crazy good and it's not something you see done much. Currently reading up on Plasti Dip for my emblems. I was going to shave the decklid emblem until I saw the one done with Plasti in this thread.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:19 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Whiskey8
Those hood stripes look great with that hood! Was considering them for mine but don't think the rise is high enough on the stock hood. I've seen it done on stock and it looks good but it doesn't set it off nearly as much.

Rocker stripes look crazy good and it's not something you see done much. Currently reading up on Plasti Dip for my emblems. I was going to shave the decklid emblem until I saw the one done with Plasti in this thread.
Whiskey, I plasti dipped my 5.0 emblems in that pic and also the rear emblem. Very, very easy. Almost shelled out $40+ to get black 5.0 emblems but instead spent ~$5 on PlastiDip.

As for hood stripes on a stock hood, below is a pic of my '11 V6 before I traded it in. The trick here is to go to a vinyl shop and have them fill it out, the rise and also the dip. The decals you buy online only cover the rise of the power dome, which if parked to mine in below pic, would have looked puny in comparison. Hard to explain but check it out. The spears will be longer and wider, which I recommend 100% for PW Mustangs!

Name:  cDWqY.png
Views: 9
Size:  508.1 KB
Old 06-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Whiskey8

Originally Posted by JimmyM
Whiskey, I plasti dipped my 5.0 emblems in that pic and also the rear emblem. Very, very easy. Almost shelled out $40+ to get black 5.0 emblems but instead spent ~$5 on PlastiDip.

As for hood stripes on a stock hood, below is a pic of my '11 V6 before I traded it in. The trick here is to go to a vinyl shop and have them fill it out, the rise and also the dip. The decals you buy online only cover the rise of the power dome, which if parked to mine in below pic, would have looked puny in comparison. Hard to explain but check it out. The spears will be longer and wider, which I recommend 100% for PW Mustangs!
Looks much better than the other ones I've seen. What grill is that? One of the first things I want to do to mine when I get it is clean the grill up. Thing is I think I'm one of the few that like the grill mounted fog lamps. Definitely going to shave the pony but not sure what my grill options are if I decide to keep current fog light placement.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:20 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Whiskey8
Looks much better than the other ones I've seen. What grill is that? One of the first things I want to do to mine when I get it is clean the grill up. Thing is I think I'm one of the few that like the grill mounted fog lamps. Definitely going to shave the pony but not sure what my grill options are if I decide to keep current fog light placement.
That was the AM overlay grille for V6
Old 06-08-2012, 06:20 PM
gt/cs07
2nd Gear Member

Messing with the new DSLR

Last edited by gt/cs07; 06-08-2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Photo Didn't Post
Old 06-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Whiskey8

Originally Posted by gt/cs07

Messing with the new DSLR
I love that look and obviously I love white. How much of the radiator can you see through the Saleen grill in person? Some pics it looks great and others not so much.

Great shooting skills too.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:16 PM
gt/cs07
2nd Gear Member

Its not too bad. It looks bad in photos sometimes but looking at my car I never notice it. Its all about lighting really. I am just learning to use the more advanced features on the camera so I took a few today and this was one of 3 that came out really good. They also happen to be my last 3 photos of the shoot...lol
Old 06-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Whiskey8

Originally Posted by gt/cs07
Its not too bad. It looks bad in photos sometimes but looking at my car I never notice it. Its all about lighting really. I am just learning to use the more advanced features on the camera so I took a few today and this was one of 3 that came out really good. They also happen to be my last 3 photos of the shoot...lol
I'm debating whether or not I should paint the radiator black if I go with the Saleen grill. Pics like yours make me want to do whatever it takes, haha.

You going to post the other pics from that shoot?

Quick Reply: Calling all Owners of white Mustangs