Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Calling all Owners of white Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 05:09 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by C. Love
They are but Im sure for optimal downforce angles and positioning comes into play. For me it was where can I get these to fit. they may add a small amount of downforce but I have nothing to back that up. I hope you're also on my side when I bolt a big *** wing on this car lol.

The canards are for an FRS. I almost used canards for a few other models but the FRS was the closest shape wise and therefore the easiest to modify.
It would be optimal to have these canards lower and closer to the splitter to help direct air foiling off the edges up and over the fenders.... And increase the air pressure above the fender while decreasing air pressure below the car (like making the car into an inverted wing).

In Theory ... Functional to aid in creating less lift and better downforce. and they're different which is cool too.

Maybe if there was a way to get them just a little lower towards the splitter? Don't know how that would look though?

but, I like it... I got your back for a functional wing,too.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:06 AM
C. Love
1st Gear Member

I agree. Having them extended lower might be help more. Looks wise if they are curved right and big enough they would look good.

The problem is I used them from a different car and adapted them to mine. I wanted to use longer ones but no one local runs canards on anything so I had nothing but some basic measurements to go off of and spending 150 + on a pair several times isnt feesiable. Plus getting the curve close was kinda rough. Next go around Im just gonna learn how to up my fiberglass game after that I will fool with CF LOL.

Wing wise a nice (and big) finctional Wing is pretty spendy so in due time it will happen.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Opinion please....

Add rear decklid blackout or not? I'm on the fence. The new tails look cool...but, should they have the blackout panel between them or remain "as is"

---
Old 06-19-2014, 05:20 PM
drunkyoda
2nd Gear Member

Just added my roof spoiler. I am lovin it so far! Special thanks to C.Love for info on it.

Name:  temporary_zpsa52d1549.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  184.4 KB
Old 07-15-2014, 01:25 PM
artdohc
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
Opinion please....

Add rear decklid blackout or not? I'm on the fence. The new tails look cool...but, should they have the blackout panel between them or remain "as is"

---
I think it depends. If you plan to paint the lower portion of your bumper that would be a lot of white, so I'd say a blackout would be good. But if you plan to keep your lower bumper black I'd forget about the blackout, as that would be too much black.

Nice tails, what did you end up paying for them?
Old 07-27-2014, 08:03 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Add the blackout panel.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:43 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Blacked out....

did this about a month ago.

Boom

---
Old 08-15-2014, 05:08 PM
giaka

Hi I am new here and so is my stang. Picked her up two weeks ago, love the car. Its a ton of fun.

Old 08-16-2014, 06:57 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Awesome ride, what are your plans for the car?
Old 08-18-2014, 11:44 AM
giaka

Originally Posted by alan0614
Awesome ride, what are your plans for the car?
If that was for me, I am a "less is more" guy so...... My son and I did the wheels and the 5.0 side marker. I might tint the windows, get an axle back exhaust and maybe the GT500 rear spoiler but that would be about it. Just my opinion but a lot of the cosmetic stuff takes away from the car. It just looks good as is in my opinion. Oh we were talking about a carbon film roof. My son wants me to match his V8 M3 Beeemer. LOL

Quick Reply: Calling all Owners of white Mustangs