Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

If you want wheels, look no further than Howey Industries. Here's my story...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:53 AM
yankeehick5.0
1st Gear Member

Default If you want wheels, look no further than Howey Industries. Here's my story...

It was fate and a little bit of help from these boards and punching around on Google that ultimately led me to Howey Industries located in Tinley Park just outside of Chicago. I was desperate to find a good deal on the Forgestar rims I knew I would eventually have on my ride, but where and who to purchase them from remained a mystery.

It wasn't about best price anymore because most distributors quoted me around the same ballpark figure for a set of F14s...that's when I called Paul Howey. Within a few minutes, I learned instanlty from Paul (company owner) that he knew what he was talking about and wasn't a novice to the wheel game.

Every question I had was answered intelligently and honestly. Every e-mail with all of my picky questions (even on tire advice) was returned within minutes...not hours - and we sent a lot of emails to each other; 29 to be exact. Paul really took the time to explain EVERYTHING to me from offset figures to sizing and powder coating. By the end of the call, I knew Howey Industries would have my business. Shipping was included in the price and delivery was almost a week ahead of schedule.

The main thing I'd like to point out through my buying experience was the exceptional customer service Paul and his team provided. Although I'm sure Paul isn't the only one working for his company, I delt with him personally every time and felt that I was the only customer they had. I felt like I was the utmost top priority client. They cary a wide selection of wheels so I encourage everyone to check them out when you get a chance.

So Paul, I want to thank you and your team for everything you did to help me fulfill my wheel dream and complete the look of my Mustang. You all get a standing ovation!

Marco from Atlanta

Howey Industries
8200 W. 185th St.
Tinley Park, IL 60477
(708) 620-4289
paul@howeyindustries.com
www.howeyindustries.com
Old 03-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Paul@HoweyIndustries.com
Former Sponsor

Marco,

Your words are greatly appreciated and it was my pleasure to assist you with the entire process. Your write-up truly inspires me and I passed it on to the rest of our team members.

I personally like to take care of all custom wheel orders if possible. I have a great team here that handles all other aspects of the business so I can focus on offering my service and experience in the industry.

If you need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again,

Paul
Old 03-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Morty8833
1st Gear Member

I may be confused....but are you saying you got a great price, or just complimenting the great customer service, or both. From the picture it just looks like standard f-14's, or am I blind and those are powder coated?
Old 03-09-2012, 08:30 AM
yankeehick5.0
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Morty8833
I may be confused....but are you saying you got a great price, or just complimenting the great customer service, or both. From the picture it just looks like standard f-14's, or am I blind and those are powder coated?
a great price would have been $1500 for the set which is not what I paid, but I was mostly referring to their great customer service. They are powder coated matte black. Thanks.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:42 AM
PaulWuzHere

Looks awesome with white!

Always glad to hear of companies providing great customer service, unfortunately its a dieing trait in our world.

Grats!
Old 03-11-2012, 12:46 PM
motorheadluke

A very nice look indeed... white with dark wheels has some sort of unique attractiveness to it.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:23 PM
MARZ
1st Gear Member

Thanks for this thread, yankeehick5.0. I contacted Paul today via e-mail ( Saturday, March 17th ), expecting an e-mail some time Monday or Tuesday. To my surprise and delight, I had a response literally within minutes of my initial correspondence to Paul. The man definitely knows his stuff when it comes to wheels, tires and how to make them fit properly -- even how to balance a staggered set-up front and rear. I was all set to purchase my Forgestar F14's elsewhere but, after just one e-mail from Paul, I know I'm going to be purchasing from Howey.

Beers for some amazing customer service!

Brandon

Last edited by MARZ; 03-18-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Paul@HoweyIndustries.com
Former Sponsor

Brandon,

Thank you for the kind words and thank you for the order!

-Paul
Old 03-19-2012, 08:20 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Hmmmm.... I think I'll bookmark this site for my future order on my next mustang. If I'm grabbing a 2015 or 2012 GT, then I'm not cheaping out on the wheels. I'll get the stance that I've always wanted and a wheel that isn't too common on Mustangs like staggered bullitts, GT500s, etc.

Great to hear about their customer service, hopefully it'll stand the test of time until I'm in the market for wheels again. Bookmarked.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

My new wheels are on order through howeyindustries

It takes a while to have them made but im thinking it will be worth it to get them exactly how i want. Extremely good communication so far!

1st half of the payment was sent march 7th, we will see when they arrive. estimated 4-6 weeks so i got a while

must...be...patient

Last edited by Andy13186; 03-19-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Quick Reply: If you want wheels, look no further than Howey Industries. Here's my story...