Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Expensive lesson learned

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Blue70
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
Unfortunately, it seems as though there are faults on both ends. Speaking from experience, AM is a really great company to work with and has top notch customer service! I've experienced issues with a particular product (broken/scuffed) and they continued to send me a new one, until I was happy. It took 3 times, but I received it and was very happy in the end. It was more of their vendors fault and not AM directly.
Worse case, if you can't return it, put the hood on Craigslist and try to sell it locally.
Good luck!
Yes, AM has great customer service, and would gladly fix the problem if the item was unaltered, in it's as shipped condition... unfortunately the OP painted it before fitting it, which rendered it useless and no longer "new"..

If I go to the store, buy a new shirt, and the label said medium but it was really a large and I wanted to exchange a shirt because it was labeled wrong, no problem... but if I ripped the sleeves off, and spilled mustard all over it, and THEN brought it back saying that it was labeled wrong, they would not return it, and how could ANYONE expect AM to??
Old 05-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
it's called "Dry fitting".
And also widely known by it's alternative description: common freakin' sense
Old 05-31-2012, 11:03 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

@OP guess you can try selling it and use that money and re-Order the Hood and use the given discount. Just an idea...
Old 05-31-2012, 01:33 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
@OP guess you can try selling it and use that money and re-Order the Hood and use the given discount. Just an idea...
+1.. OP, I honestly don't see you getting anything else out of this. Plus you already get a discount for being on the forum. Use the two discounts and use that money for a new hood.

Good suggestion Lopez. Haha.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:43 PM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

Keep the hood, sell your 2012, buy a 2009, install hood, take extra money you made from your 2012 and buy more mods for 2009 and win.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:04 PM
inkdemon
1st Gear Member

Sell it to your friend that you confirmed it fit on. Sounds like you may both win.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:10 PM
D00m3dHitm4n
1st Gear Member

Well great news everyone... after many discussions with Andrew at American Muscle, they have blown my mind with their customer service and will be shipping me a new hood at no cost and i wont have to return the old one. This is above and beyond coming from AM and they will continue to get my patronage and i will alway recommend AM to anyone looking for aftermarket parts from them.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:32 PM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

Lucky. So much for my brilliant idea.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:42 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Hey guys,

This is a mess! Let's see if we can't get this taken care of. Let me clear up a few of the details.

First, we called the customer to ship directly to the body shop both out of convenience, and to be able to offer to ship it for free to him. On our website when you go to buy a hood, it let's you know that we ship to your house for $75 or to a business for free. We intercepted the order when it was marked to ship to his house and let him know that we could do it for free and save him some hassle by getting it right to the shop for him!

Second, we're really sorry about the mix up to begin with. Somehow, the wrong hood got into your hands, even though you ordered the correct one and we're going to make it right! You had told us that the hood showed up without a box, and we certainly ship it with one - so it sounds like the freight company may have un-boxed it to hide a little damage on the packaging. This makes it tough for me to figure out whether it was our team who made the mistake and shipped you the wrong one or whether it was boxed wrong from the manufacturer (part number is on the box). Either way, it doesn't matter... let's get you solved.

Our typical policy is that we don't take back painted parts and that your body shop should have tested fitment before painting, so the rep was just doing his job. We're definitely at fault for shipping the wrong item, no matter how you look at it. So here's what we're willing to do.

We're going to ship you out a brand new hood, and it will absolutely be the correct one! That's what you ordered and we do what we have to when a customer is unhappy.

The old hood is painted and we have no use for it, so we're going to leave that to you. Sorry about the mistake, but things happen, and hopefully this makes it right in your eyes!

Chris
Old 05-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Blue70
2nd Gear Member

Way to go above and beyond Chris.

I have placed 3 orders from you guys in the past month (spoiler, wheel package, and scoop)
I actually paid more for the last item from you guys just because of the customer service, so things like this go a long way.

I am currently in the process of going through one claim, and will continue to order no matter what the outcome..

Now please get some 2013 parts in for me... Thank you, lol

Quick Reply: Expensive lesson learned