Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Possible to swap 401a with 400a interior?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Whiskey8

Default Possible to swap 401a with 400a interior?

Quick question - Just picked up a 2011 GT Premium that has the upgraded 401a interior appearance option (black w/ white cashmere). I actually prefer the look of the standard GT Premium package seats and door inserts though.

Is it possible to swap the seats / door inserts out with the standard option through Ford or via swapping with another owner?

Only glitch is that I also have the comfort pack (dual heated / power passenger). I'd like to retain both of those options.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:41 PM
JGill1992
2nd Gear Member

Ive been trying to find a black and red interrior for my 05 and its crazy expencive. Im sure it can be done if you knew someone who wanted to swap with the exact same year car. Im pretty sure you can change the leather on the seat without changing the whole seat and that would let you keep your heated seats. i dont know if ford could do it but i imagine if they could it would be CRAZY expensive. I havent had any luck finding the right deal for mine. the best ive found so far was like almost 2k for both front seats and the rear seats and the door inserts and thats just not worth it to me.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Whiskey8

Originally Posted by JGill1992
Ive been trying to find a black and red interrior for my 05 and its crazy expencive. Im sure it can be done if you knew someone who wanted to swap with the exact same year car. Im pretty sure you can change the leather on the seat without changing the whole seat and that would let you keep your heated seats. i dont know if ford could do it but i imagine if they could it would be CRAZY expensive. I havent had any luck finding the right deal for mine. the best ive found so far was like almost 2k for both front seats and the rear seats and the door inserts and thats just not worth it to me.
With it being a 2011 and me offering a direct swap for an upgraded option I'm hoping I'll have some luck. I didn't even think about just swapping covers. The padding is different but I guess that could be part of the cover.

That's what I was expecting it to cost and I'll happily pay it if I can't find someone to swap.

So if anyone wants the seat covers and door inserts for the Pony Package on a 2011-2012 GT Premium, I'll swap for your base set. I'll even swap the upgraded aluminum shifter **** if you want the complete 401a package. Has to be in like or better condition. I'd rate mine as like new (very minor wear - i.e. leather creases).

Here's what it looks like

Old 06-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

You want to get rid off the door panel too? I love yours!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:30 PM
jpmotorsport

Sure, they're just a different spec of door panels, seats etc. both sets will simply bolt on to facilitate ease of construction at assembly time.

One of my regrets was not getting the 401a/premier interior like yours. If we lived around each other I'd consider a swap...
Old 06-04-2012, 08:31 AM
sundaze

Where in VA? I live on the mid-shore in MD.
I have the 400a package with heated and power seats, 9k miles and little to no wear.
This is something I would consider.....meeting up and swapping at least the seats and shift ****.

Dave
Old 06-04-2012, 02:29 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

WHY!? That interior is GORGEOUS! The 400A is so...plain. The 401A was a MUST have for me.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Whiskey8

Originally Posted by sundaze
Where in VA? I live on the mid-shore in MD.
I have the 400a package with heated and power seats, 9k miles and little to no wear.
This is something I would consider.....meeting up and swapping at least the seats and shift ****.

Dave
I live in Virginia Beach but drive to Winchester once or twice a year for work. This isn't my daily driver so I'm open to swapping via shipping. I've found them on eBay but no one will guarantee condition or even take pics of the set I'd receive. The door inserts would have to be part of the deal though. If not, no worries. Buying a set outright would allow me put an almost new 401a package back on should I ever decide to sell.

I don't mind the 401a package, it's def a classier look and I know it adds value but I like the modular pattern (for lack of a better term) on the base package so much better. Looks sleeker IMO. The ponies on the door inserts feel a bit diehard to me.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:21 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

I would love to swap. I have a 12 GT premium with 5K miles on it. I would swap all if you ever plan to come to GA. I will put you in a motel as well .

Black seats with white stitching and all OE.

Matching power seat options along with heated seats.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Whiskey8

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
I would love to swap. I have a 12 GT premium with 5K miles on it. I would swap all if you ever plan to come to GA. I will put you in a motel as well .

Black seats with white stitching and all OE.

Matching power seat options along with heated seats.
From what I've read I think its possible to just swap seat covers. I seemed to have jumped the gun by mentioning the comfort pack as a requirement. So another option is just to have them stripped locally and swap via overnight or heck, even same day shipping. I'm heading to the dealer tomorrow anyway and will confirm that only the covers are different.

Quick Reply: Possible to swap 401a with 400a interior?