Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Reapholster door panel inserts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

Default Reapholster door panel inserts?

I've got custom leather seats coming next month. Awesome Two-tone leather with custom logo embroidery. Anyway, I'm getting some matching leather to redo the door-panel inserts.

I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to do that myself. So, does anyone know how hard it is to disassemble that door panel? any links to a tutorial or video?

This is for a 2013 GT.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:47 PM
numnutz

Originally Posted by Fifthwind
I've got custom leather seats coming next month. Awesome Two-tone leather with custom logo embroidery. Anyway, I'm getting some matching leather to redo the door-panel inserts.

I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to do that myself. So, does anyone know how hard it is to disassemble that door panel? any links to a tutorial or video?

This is for a 2013 GT.
CARID has the REMIN dash kit inserts for the doors that will work in numerous materials. Mine were only $60. Luck
Old 11-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

Their stuff looks pretty nice... think I might get a kit. The carbonfiber might be a nice touch.
But I'm really looking for the leather door panel insert that's above the handle/armrest.
Or instructions on how to remove/reupholster it.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:11 PM
numnutz

Unhappy

Their stuff looks pretty nice... think I might get a kit. The carbonfiber might be a nice touch.
But I'm really looking for the leather door panel insert that's above the handle/armrest.
Or instructions on how to remove/reupholster it.
southcarolina on TMS forum just informed me that he had his door panels off last week and the inserts seem to be molded to the panel. Bummer; as CARID doubled the price on me because of the material. Guess it's masking tape and a can of SEM now. Luck.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

Okay... thanks for the research. I guess a reputable upholstery shop could get it done for me for not too much. They'll have the tools and know-how... and I don't mind paying to get the look I'm going for.

The soft "Italian" leather with custom embroidery I got is pretty sweet. It'll match my new custom seats nicely.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:41 AM
numnutz

Okay... thanks for the research. I guess a reputable upholstery shop could get it done for me for not too much. They'll have the tools and know-how... and I don't mind paying to get the look I'm going for.

The soft "Italian" leather with custom embroidery I got is pretty sweet. It'll match my new custom seats nicely.
Guy on the "other" forum says they are glued on; can be possibly removed with heat gun blowing from the inside. I ain't that brave. Keep in touch with how you go about this change. Thanks.