Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Questions on appearance mods for a 2014 V6

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 11:09 PM
ak98

Default Questions on appearance mods for a 2014 V6

Hello, I ordered a 2014 V6 with the Mustang Club of America package. I am already planning to buy brake caliper covers from American Muscle. I had some questions about other modifications I can put on my Mustang when it is delivered. It is an auto, but I would really like to have a mode on it where I can push the shifter to make the car downshift and pull the shifter towards me to make the car shift up. I've seen this on many non-performance cars and was surprised that the Mustang doesn't have it. I would really like to put something like this on my Mustang.

I also wanted to put some other appearance modifications onto the car, I have never worked on a car, so I would like to know if I should try installing them my self or ask a body shop to install them.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...oops-1011.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-cl...3-painted.html

If anyone knows of any coupons for American Muscle it would help me a lot, I don't know if I am able to purchase these with out one.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by ak98; 02-27-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:28 AM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

Both side scoop and window louvers are extremely easy to install, I'm sure you can do it with out spending the money at a body shop, Look it up on YouTube and watch until your comfortable doing it. The biggest part is to make sure it’s clean and use the wipes provided. As for coupons search coupons on American Muscle they usually have something
Old 02-08-2014, 07:33 AM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

Don't waste your money on faux caliper covers! They are rice and add no benefit whatsoever to your car (unless like you ridicule).
Old 02-08-2014, 12:44 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by ak98
... 2014 V6 with the Mustang Club of America package.
... It is an auto, but I would really like to have a mode on it where I can push the shifter to make the car downshift and pull the shifter towards me to make the car shift up.
I have never seen a shifter change for the 2013 and 14 - since all you have to do is pull it back to "S" and use the +/- buttons on the shifter to shift it up and down as you describe I wouldn't expect to see anything come out with the pull/push option.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:53 PM
ak98

Thanks guys, I will reconsider the faux brake calipers and look at some youtube videos on how to install the scoops and louvers. Do you guys know where I can find the AM coupons though?
Old 02-09-2014, 03:16 AM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

If you ordered a Mustang, and it's not built yet, just have them add on the factory louvers and side scoops. Problem solved. You also already have the fancy automatic to begin with.

Change your factory order, and you're good to go, plus then if something happens to them, you have a factory Ford Warranty.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:15 AM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

http://www.americanmuscle.com/americ...4AAA&gclsrc=ds

Current American Muscle coupon
Old 02-10-2014, 09:40 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Hello, I ordered a 2014 V6 with the Mustang Club of America package. I am already planning to buy brake caliper covers from American Muscle. I had some questions about other modifications I can put on my Mustang when it is delivered. It is an auto, but I would really like to have a mode on it where I can push the shifter to make the car downshift and pull the shifter towards me to make the car shift up. I've seen this on many non-performance cars and was surprised that the Mustang doesn't have it. I would really like to put something like this on my Mustang.

I also wanted to put some other appearance modifications onto the car, I have never worked on a car, so I would like to know if I should try installing them my self or ask a body shop to install them.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...oops-1011.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-cl...3-painted.html

If anyone knows of any coupons for American Muscle it would help me a lot, I don't know if I am able to purchase these with out one.

Thanks guys!
Thanks guys, I will reconsider the faux brake calipers and look at some youtube videos on how to install the scoops and louvers. Do you guys know where I can find the AM coupons though?
Congratulations! That's awesome. Post up some pictures when you take delivery, I'm really excited to check it out!

It sounds like you're not wasting any time with the modifications and you have your mind set on cosmetics first. That's a great way to start your build! The Caliper Covers, Side Scoops and Louvers will really look great.

We actually offer a 6% MF exclusive discount for all active posting members. I just shot you a PM with the discount code. Enjoy that and let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! I'd be happy to help.

-Dan
Old 02-15-2014, 09:35 AM
ak98

I just checked my inbox and I don't see your message, can you try resending it? thanks!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:37 AM
ak98

Also, do you know if there is an axle back exhaust that sounds really good on the V6, but doesn't void my warranty?

Quick Reply: Questions on appearance mods for a 2014 V6