Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Before and after, Honest opinions only, Picture heavy

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 01:01 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

I used to have a Perf. White Stang and loved the clean and simple look. Lose the tail light trim and headlight splitters. I think the rest looks fine
Old 04-24-2014, 04:07 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Mine started out almost exactly like yours - white with crappy OEM black vinyl rocker stripes. You need some color on it to break up the "big blob o' white".

0) The quarter window louvers make it even more white.- I think a bare quarter window makes the car look shorter (in height). The louvers also block your vision through thous windows.

1) The fender ducts aren't doing anything for you as far as brake cooling. Consider that the rear wheel well liner is probably blocking the vent. The most effective way to cool the front brakes is by ducting cold air from the front of the car directly onto the rotors.

2) I don't care for the headlight splitters of the tail light bezels.

3) Keep the hood, but come up with some sort of striping (traditional or otherwise).

4) The side scoops don't do anything but attract rocks that chip the paint on the le4ading edge of the scoops. At least, that's what mine do. When I go to get my car painted again, I'm taking them off.

5) consider adding rocker stripes.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:39 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

FRS on steroids.

Just a bit too much. And most of it is.... Just ornamental.

The hood however... Slick. Lose the rest and you got my attention.

But, this is all bout you buddy. That's the only person you need to please.

---

And please....no stripes. Car should speak for itself.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:13 AM
shouldhavegottheGT
2nd Gear Member

It looks like you ordered every single appearance mod in the AM catalog. There is a lot going on.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:58 PM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shouldhavegottheGT
It looks like you ordered every single appearance mod in the AM catalog. There is a lot going on.
Lol, some I got from other venders.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:49 AM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

Hey all, Thanks for the opinions, I also agree that it's a little (way) over the top. For the pure enthusiast it’s extreme. I wanted to do something different, Living in the Detroit area Mustangs are a dime a dozen around here. The reaction of people on the street has been overwhelmingly positive, I went down to Woodward Ave last weekend and cars were pulling up next to me and people wanted to talk as we were driving down the road. I had a guy at a gas station come up to me wanting to shake my hand saying this is the nicest Mustang he ever saw and wanted to take pictures. I will make changes as time go on, There was a little method to my madness on most of it, The head light splitters were a spur of the moment thing (no rational on this one) I agree with you guys and they will come off at some point, Side scoops will also I think come off, Tail light covers I don’t know yet. I live on a dirt road and the whole back is a dust magnet, I put those on to mask the dirt, no matter how slow I drive it’s a magnet. Rear window louvers, 2 reasons when I was a kid I thought they were cool and always wanted some on my car, plus I wanted to break up all the White, The car is White would be lost in a snow storm. Same for the fender vents wanted to break up some of the White. Was at one point wanting to stripe it but right now there is too much going on to add painted stripes, Once I take some stuff off I might. Not a fan of the rocker stripes, looks cheap IMO. I’m not trying to justify anything here just some rational to my madness,
Old 04-28-2014, 04:19 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

I think the front look fantastic. I'd remove the white trim from the brake lights though. That's too much IMO.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:16 AM
TommyB681
2nd Gear Member

I think it looks great all but the louvers not my forte. But good work!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:17 AM
yourmom6990
4th Gear Member

I think the car looks good. Except the rear window louvers. Never liked the look of them. Reminds me of project MMD though. You should look into a matte black roof vinyl. I think it'l break up all the white and make it look better. I just installed one on my 2014..

Last edited by yourmom6990; 06-23-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:05 AM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

way overkill dog.

get rid of the headlight splitter, side window louvers, rear louvers, and the tail light bezel.

then it will look a lot better. I like the hood a lot though!

Quick Reply: Before and after, Honest opinions only, Picture heavy