Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Help Dash Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 01:41 PM
zexus

Default Help Dash Kit

I have been spending far too much time trying to figure out which kit to by for my 2014 Mustang. The problem is I want to buy the kit that will best match the brushed aluminum dash that came with the car. Now I have gone over multiple sites, viewed heaps of threads on the subject but can't seem to identify the exact manufacturer and colour combination that is the closest match.
I have looked at Carid who sells Remin, B&I and Sherwood. I have also looked at WOW kits and Dynomite kits and even checked out Mimo kits on e-bay.
Is there anyone out there that has a purchased a kit that matches up extremely well with the stock brushed aluminum dash? If so can you tell me the manufacturer and which exact colour it is (brushed aluminum, Raw aluminum, OEM aluminum, Stainless, etc....crap everyone calls it something else!)

Thanks
Old 10-17-2014, 05:55 AM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

Sorry I can't help as far as the color matching goes but I can say steer clear of the Remin kit because the fitment is horrible on all the dash pieces unless you like 1/8" to 1/4" gaps all around the pieces. I installed one of their kits on my car and when it came to the two pieces for the passenger side airbag if I butted them together to avoid a huge horizontal gap down the middle of the dash, that left huge gaps around the outside edges. All the vent cutouts are not accurately cut either. I ended up installing welp all the way around the dash pieces to fill in the unsightly gaps the kit left. Sent a ton of pictures of the issues to CarID with a complaint. Remin basically said kick rocks, we got your money already. My honest opinion would be watch eBay and shell out the extra $$$ for an OEM set.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:59 PM
zexus

I remember reading about your gap issue during my research and actually decided to keep away from the dash pieces and looked to simply buying the console parts. I ended up actually ordering the console kit from Carid. And yes it was the Remin kit. Not too worried about the fit with these parts because from my research they are fine around the console...just don't know if their brushed aluminum is close enough in colour to the factory brushed aluminum dash. I Gus's I'll be finding out. Thanks for your reply.