Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT needs some new shoes

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 02:44 PM
Tac2cul
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs up 2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT needs some new shoes

Hello all,

I purchased a 2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT and i think it needs some new shoes. Its getting new stripes(white) this coming week as well as these are dull and cracked.
Name:  qQkzWmA.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  3.25 MB

Im thinking American Muscle packages

http://www.americanmuscle.com/charco...invo-stag.html

Or

http://www.americanmuscle.com/silver...invo-stag.html

Any thoughts?
Old 01-18-2015, 06:51 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I like the AMR wheels. Keep in mind, the tires in that package are SHORT- 26.8" on that back tire. I'm running 295/35-20 invos on the back on my 2011. (which is a hair taller than stock)
Old 01-18-2015, 07:06 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

The 5 spoke GT500 wheels look great on Grabber Blue, IMO. (the regular ones, not the 19" front 20" rear SVTPP wheels, although those looks awesome as well)

Good luck on your quest!
Old 01-18-2015, 07:11 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

These:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/matte-gt500-1113.html
Old 01-18-2015, 08:52 PM
Tac2cul
3rd Gear Member

Smile

Thanks all for your input.

Im looking at 20's and more leaning towards silver as they would tie into the white stripes better then charcoal but still not sure.

Ive looked at plenty of stangs and im not really set on anything yet.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:46 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tac2cul
Hello all,

I purchased a 2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT and i think it needs some new shoes. Its getting new stripes(white) this coming week as well as these are dull and cracked.

Im thinking American Muscle packages

http://www.americanmuscle.com/charco...invo-stag.html

Or

http://www.americanmuscle.com/silver...invo-stag.html

Any thoughts?

Hey Tac - Good question and Gorgeous 2010! We have a slew of wheels and tires on site here and I'm pretty partial the the Staggered 20" Charcoal AMR's myself. I think they offset Grabber Blue really nicely and they're hands down my first pick for a 2010+

I personally know that it can be really tough to settle on a set so if you're checking out other wheels make sure to take a look at the customer submitted images where you can narrow down the images based on the color of your car like below!

Let me know if there's anything I can help out with and if you don't have our Forums Discount Code shoot me a PM as I can see that you're well over 50 posts!

Hope this helps!

Alex
Old 01-19-2015, 08:13 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tac2cul
Thanks all for your input.

Im looking at 20's and more leaning towards silver as they would tie into the white stripes better then charcoal but still not sure.

Ive looked at plenty of stangs and im not really set on anything yet.
For what it is worth, if this is a daily driver and your roads are a little rough, you may want to stick with 19" wheels and get a little more tire sidewall to protect the rims and give a better ride. Low profile tires handle great but they tend to be a little rough and are more prone to tire failure.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Tac2cul
3rd Gear Member

Cool

Originally Posted by proeagles
For what it is worth, if this is a daily driver and your roads are a little rough, you may want to stick with 19" wheels and get a little more tire sidewall to protect the rims and give a better ride. Low profile tires handle great but they tend to be a little rough and are more prone to tire failure.

Proeagles,

Thanks for your input, this is a daily driver but Arizona roads are very nice as we have sun 99% of the year so nothing to tear them up really.

I was looking at 20's because they seem to be more common and cheaper

If you look at the price of the 19's of the exact same style/size they are abit more
Old 01-19-2015, 10:05 AM
Tac2cul
3rd Gear Member

Smile

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey Tac - Good question and Gorgeous 2010! We have a slew of wheels and tires on site here and I'm pretty partial the the Staggered 20" Charcoal AMR's myself. I think they offset Grabber Blue really nicely and they're hands down my first pick for a 2010+

I personally know that it can be really tough to settle on a set so if you're checking out other wheels make sure to take a look at the customer submitted images where you can narrow down the images based on the color of your car like below!

Let me know if there's anything I can help out with and if you don't have our Forums Discount Code shoot me a PM as I can see that you're well over 50 posts!

Hope this helps!

Alex

Alex i PM'd you lastnight, send me that code already
Old 01-19-2015, 12:43 PM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

Personally for me, it doesn't get much better in terms of quality and overall design than HRE, but at a lower price point these HRE FF01's are absolutely gorgeous.

Quick Reply: 2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT needs some new shoes