Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

MMD Eleanor Louvers

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 10:51 PM
AR2D2

Default MMD Eleanor Louvers

Finally got my louvers from american muscle, love them. Debating on getting side scoops next or adding tint to the side markers. Anyone already do this? Theres some pics on american muscle but hoping to get a better view of them.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:29 PM
dkpGTCS
2nd Gear Member

I have a CS so side scoops came with the car. Met a couple last weekend with his/her '13 and '14 GT500 Convertibles. One came with scoops and the other they added with the ones from AM. I personally like the OEM ones a bit better but they still looked good.

I personally like mine a lot and if I had to chose, I would pick the scoops over the tint. It'a obviously your ride, but I would aay a rear spoiler and wheels prior to side scoops.

On a side note, as soon as I got home I looked for a GT500 steering wheel and ordred it Monday.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:31 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AR2D2
Finally got my louvers from american muscle, love them. Debating on getting side scoops next or adding tint to the side markers. Anyone already do this? Theres some pics on american muscle but hoping to get a better view of them.
Hey AR2 Looking good! I think MMD's Side Scoops
would definitely tie the rest of the car together as well. I tried to hunt down some shots of a Black Car with both the Louvers/Scoops and Tint but had some trouble!

Regarding the Side Market Tint I can't say nice enough things about it! Literally one of the easiest mods that we can install on our cars and if you ever get to the point where you want to change up the look you can simply peel them right off!

Let me know if you have any other questions and I hope this helps!

Alex
Old 01-23-2015, 11:46 AM
AR2D2

Originally Posted by dkpGTCS
I have a CS so side scoops came with the car. Met a couple last weekend with his/her '13 and '14 GT500 Convertibles. One came with scoops and the other they added with the ones from AM. I personally like the OEM ones a bit better but they still looked good.

I personally like mine a lot and if I had to chose, I would pick the scoops over the tint. It'a obviously your ride, but I would aay a rear spoiler and wheels prior to side scoops.

On a side note, as soon as I got home I looked for a GT500 steering wheel and ordred it Monday.
I really wanted to get wheels but with the cost of shipping to get them out here its not worth it. Ill be leaving hawaii at the end of the year. Same goes with doing anything that would include labor costs, I am gonna hold off on it. But I agree wheels and a spoiler are def a must.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:55 AM
AR2D2

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey AR2 Looking good! I think MMD's Side Scoops
would definitely tie the rest of the car together as well. I tried to hunt down some shots of a Black Car with both the Louvers/Scoops and Tint but had some trouble!

Regarding the Side Market Tint I can't say nice enough things about it! Literally one of the easiest mods that we can install on our cars and if you ever get to the point where you want to change up the look you can simply peel them right off!

Let me know if you have any other questions and I hope this helps!

Alex
Alex that does help, next month Ill be messaging you for that mil discount before I place an order. thanks for your help
Old 01-26-2015, 02:38 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AR2D2
Alex that does help, next month Ill be messaging you for that mil discount before I place an order. thanks for your help
Hey AR2 - Absolutely anytime! I'm always around to help but shoot me a PM in the meantime with your Mil Email address so I can move that along for you!

Alex
Old 02-04-2015, 01:16 PM
AR2D2

MMD side scoops are due in on FRIDAY!!!
Old 02-07-2015, 06:12 PM
AR2D2

MMD Side scoops installed, just gotta wait till I am living in CONUS to order some MMD black wheels.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:31 PM
MuscleStangGT05
1st Gear Member

This car is changing my opinion of the newer style stangs. I didn't like them until now. Lookin sexy! Why not just power coat or plasti-dip your wheels if you wanted to go all black?
Old 02-08-2015, 07:03 PM
AR2D2

Originally Posted by MuscleStangGT05
This car is changing my opinion of the newer style stangs. I didn't like them until now. Lookin sexy! Why not just power coat or plasti-dip your wheels if you wanted to go all black?
Thanks! I've been debating on plasti-dipping the wheels but not sure about how difficult it is to keep them looking good.

Quick Reply: MMD Eleanor Louvers