Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Rear/quarter window louvers installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 10:06 AM
Coyote5
1st Gear Member

Default Rear/quarter window louvers installed

recently purchased and installed the MMD quarter window louvers from American Muscle(unpainted) and the E&G Classics rear window louvers from CarID. A friend and I painted the quarter window louvers. they come matte black plastic from AM. We ran out of paint so the rear window louvers havent been sanded and sprayed yet. The E&G's came with 3 rolls of weather stripping for the installation, and I used silicone around the 9 mounting brackets and adhesion promoter(neither included) The MMD's have adhesion promoter and alcohol pads included. The E&G's are a 2 piece design held together in the center by 3m tape. Its a 2 person job to install them. Your quarter window visibility is pretty much gone once you install the louvers, but rear window visibility is only slightly affected. I've had them installed for a little less than a week and so far so good.
$259.00 w/free shipping for the rear louvers (CarID)
$79.99 w/free shipping for the quarter window louvers (American Muscle)
Hope this helps if anyone was interested in making a similar purchase.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:45 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

I like it. I don't think my sig shows up since in posting with my phone, but if you look at my threads you can see I'm a fan of the louver.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:54 PM
Epona
1st Gear Member

Looks great! They tie in nicely together
Old 06-10-2015, 02:47 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Coyote5
recently purchased and installed the MMD quarter window louvers from American Muscle(unpainted) and the E&G Classics rear window louvers from CarID. A friend and I painted the quarter window louvers. they come matte black plastic from AM. We ran out of paint so the rear window louvers havent been sanded and sprayed yet. The E&G's came with 3 rolls of weather stripping for the installation, and I used silicone around the 9 mounting brackets and adhesion promoter(neither included) The MMD's have adhesion promoter and alcohol pads included. The E&G's are a 2 piece design held together in the center by 3m tape. Its a 2 person job to install them. Your quarter window visibility is pretty much gone once you install the louvers, but rear window visibility is only slightly affected. I've had them installed for a little less than a week and so far so good.

Looking good Coyote!

I really like the look you have going and I know you're not done yet! What's next on your list?

-Will
Old 06-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Coyote5
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the compliments everyone.
AMWill: I've got a GT/CS wing but it's only halfway painted and it will probably be a week or 2 before that can get finished and installed. After that it's finishing up the blackout work. I still have to do the side markers, exhaust tips, and I'll probably go with smoked halo headlights and foglights. Not sure if I'll replace the wheels now or not. I didnt expect them to look that good painted. No engine work for about a year and a half due to warranty.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:54 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Can the rear window louver set be lifted up or easily removed for cleaning?
Old 06-11-2015, 09:57 AM
Coyote5
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GLOCKer
Can the rear window louver set be lifted up or easily removed for cleaning?
It can be taken off easily. There are 9 brackets that stick on the back glass. When the louvers need to be taken off for cleaning, all that has to be done is remove the 9 nuts connecting them to the brackets. They dont have hinges and lift completely off.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:42 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the compliments everyone.
AMWill: I've got a GT/CS wing but it's only halfway painted and it will probably be a week or 2 before that can get finished and installed. After that it's finishing up the blackout work. I still have to do the side markers, exhaust tips, and I'll probably go with smoked halo headlights and foglights. Not sure if I'll replace the wheels now or not. I didnt expect them to look that good painted. No engine work for about a year and a half due to warranty.
You definitely have a great plan man!

Keep us updated and keep up the good work.

-Will
Old 06-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Quarters look nice on your car, I didn't like em on mine, went with classics
Old 06-13-2015, 12:24 AM
Coyote5
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Choppertwo
Quarters look nice on your car, I didn't like em on mine, went with classics
Thanks. I was regretting not getting the Eleanor scoops for the window at first, but once I had these painted and installed I knew I made I good choice.