Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

My 2014 Bagged Mustang so far.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 11:17 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by robjh22
Really wicked looking. I love it. What does the sway bar have to do with suspension? Obviously I'm not a mechanic, so pardon my ignorance. Also it looks lil you tinted the windows from the original condition but you don't mention that. Any tips on tinting?

If I could ask a general question, what made you buy a new car and customize it instead of an older one? I'm struggling with that decision myself. I think I'd rather have the warranty and the new car smell and all that, plus the security of knowing the car hasn't been dogged. Was that your basic reasoning?
Thanks!!
the sway bar tightens up the rear end and allows much less body roll when cornering. it made a huge difference and i would recommend getting one as a first suspension mod! the Whiteline stuff is amazing quality and is a well known name. I've been happy with their stuff before so i used it again and love it!
the window tint is 5%, meaning 5% of light can get through. In CA the legal limit is 75% light can get through. I just roll down the windows if i see a cop but tint is always a MUST for me. i love how dark the cabin is and that no one can see in. it keeps the car way cooler in the summer. also other peoples bright lights don't blind me like the would if i didn't have tint.

Im a mechanic and i don't really have any hobbies other than driving and modifying cars. I loved the 2013/2014 mustang and wanted one for a while. I love making cars "Mine" These cars look good when they are stock but after modifying my car, i cant get enough of just looking at it, the body lines look sharper when its lower for some reason. I loved my stock wheels but i wanted wider ones for a more muscle look so i got new wheels. It sounded good stock but i wanted louder. Its my addiction.

when i purchased the car i said, "Right, I've set aside $1500 for mods, after that i am done" well the $1500 only lasted about 5 minutes before i was bored and wanted more parts to install. Im in the car about $9k in mods and i am refraining from buying anything else, like headers and a supercharger etc.. (its time to save for a house and start a family)
as far as the warranty goes. i am having transmission issues but they started before the mods. they are documented and i happen to be friends with the service writer at my local dealership. so I'm not worried about that. worst case scenario, they void my warranty, but i still get cost on parts, and i can install/fix the stuff my self.

as far as the car being "dogged" i would never buy a used car that had been modified. usually they are driven hard and put away wet.. Im pretty easy on my car, its currently just my weekend car and i spend my weekends driving down coast highway and going to the beach so i don't drive it hard often. occasionally ill take it up the canyon for a good run but i service it prematurely just so i know that when i am driving harder than normal, my oil is clean, fuel filter is clean etc.. I have all my stock stuff saved so if i do ever sell the car, i will put it back to stock and sell all my aftermarket stuff individually, i also have all of my own service records to show the car has been maintained.
i hope i cleared that up a little for ya

Last edited by Lethaldosage423; 07-20-2015 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:10 PM
heebe_geebe

I've been looking at the digital air ride set-up myself. Is it still impressing you and have you had any issues?