Notices
GT350 S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the new GT350 Mustang.

Orders

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 05:26 AM
rjwz28

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
Well so far dealers don't want to play, maybe I'll just sell most of my crap, and buy a van for cash, move to the lower 48, and live by the river.
Lol

How far away have you sent emails?
Old 10-17-2015, 05:38 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Lol

How far away have you sent emails?
Only local, as travel and shipping to and from Alaska is not cheap.
I may wait and see if they more compliant, but then again as I said earlier, not sure if I really want to spend that much on a summer car.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:08 AM
rjwz28

Only local, as travel and shipping to and from Alaska is not cheap.
I may wait and see if they more compliant, but then again as I said earlier, not sure if I really want to spend that much on a summer car.
Ah, Alaska... I bet that's a tough market
Old 10-19-2015, 03:33 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Well so far dealers don't want to play, maybe I'll just sell most of my crap, and buy a van for cash, move to the lower 48, and live by the river.
Oh no! The lower 48 have enough problems!

Have you checked to see if GT 350 orders come out of the dealer's allocations for that model. If they don't you might be able to get a deal.... if they do.... good luck! I wonder what I can get a GT 350 for from my guy??? I suspect you will have to order the GT 350 from an area with a big market & competition & then ship it to Alaska. I'd ask Ford Customer Service if you can order a car from another part of the country & have it shipped directly to a local dealer. The local dealer would get payed to receive it & service it. Sounds crazy, but why would Ford care? Ford might tell the local dealer to match the lower price instead of crying & just charge for any added shipping costs. It might be a bargaining tool! People told me I couldn't get my Mustang at 9.75% below MSRP too, but it's on the way! Ford Dealers don't worry about my bank account as far as I can tell, so I don't worry about theirs! If they make a sale they make money, but I prefer it to be as least as possible! I shipped a '56 Chevy completely across the country for a reasonable price, so I bet you could get one shipped from the lower 48 at a bearable price if the deal would bear it! Let me know if you want dealer cost on a GT 350 & I'll see if I can get it. On a regular GT Supreme I think dealers real cost is about 89% of MSRP without price benefits given later from Ford. I paid 89.25% of MSRP on my order, but that was a really skinny, good guy, repeat business deal. I have no idea about a GT 350.

Last edited by Mr. D; 10-19-2015 at 04:03 AM.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:50 AM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

At the moment the whole markup thing is irrelevant to me. I won't be ordering anything until 2017 anyway. When I'm ready I'll do my research, hopefully locate a reasonable dealer in DFW and I'll place my order with them.

I also have access to Ford's XDrive plan. I'll have to check and see if the GT350 is included. If so then the dealer has no say in the matter because I'll be buying directly from Ford.

Anyway: good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:45 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

My local Ford dealer still has a 2009 500KR still sitting he's asking above sticker price and know ones biting.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:42 AM
rjwz28

Default Orders

Originally Posted by movielover40
My local Ford dealer still has a 2009 500KR still sitting he's asking above sticker price and know ones biting.
that's ridiculous
Old 10-22-2015, 11:44 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by squishbang
At the moment the whole markup thing is irrelevant to me. I won't be ordering anything until 2017 anyway. When I'm ready I'll do my research, hopefully locate a reasonable dealer in DFW and I'll place my order with them.

I also have access to Ford's XDrive plan. I'll have to check and see if the GT350 is included. If so then the dealer has no say in the matter because I'll be buying directly from Ford.

Anyway: good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.
Actually the dealer does have some choice, they can choose not to participate with X plan. But given the history of the Shelby GT500, my guess is that the GT350 is one of the vehicles that will be exempted from X plan anyway.

Originally Posted by movielover40
Is that the dealer in Monroe? I saw he has one in the showroom
Old 10-23-2015, 02:13 PM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Actually the dealer does have some choice, they can choose not to participate with X plan. But given the history of the Shelby GT500, my guess is that the GT350 is one of the vehicles that will be exempted from X plan anyway.
I just checked the xplan list - it has not been updated...loop hole!
However, I suspect the GT350 will eventually make its way on to the list.

But as I said: not an issue for me at the moment. We'll see what's going on in 2017 or 2018.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:21 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Saw my friendly Ford salesman from whom by 2016 GT was ordered. He said his dealership will be pricing GT 350's at MSRP, plus $15K & his hands are tied. I'm glad I didn't know that before I ordered my Mustang... or I might not have... but that would be cutting off my nose to spite my face! Oh well! We all must think about buying low production models & decide if they are worth it! I'm either too cheap, OR, have been affected by coming from a low income family to allow myself to go that way... or both! Good wishes & luck to those buying a GT 350! It will be fun to drive!

Quick Reply: Orders