Notices
GT350 S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the new GT350 Mustang.

Orders

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 10:19 AM
rjwz28

Default Orders

Who here has put in their order for a new GT350? Which trim and options did you get and how much over/under invoice did the dealer agree to charge you? What is the projected delivery date of your car?
Old 10-07-2015, 12:27 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Who here has put in their order for a new GT350? Which trim and options did you get and how much over/under invoice did the dealer agree to charge you? What is the projected delivery date of your car?
You first.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:41 AM
rjwz28

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
You first.
If i ordered one, I would have given all the details. Lol. I kept my Z06 and upgraded my motorcycle to a Ducati Multistrada instead.

That having been said, I'm still interested in the GT350 (just not this year) and these details are good for the community as a whole regardless.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:32 PM
daltron
1st Gear Member

I might have ordered a base 350, but even getting one at MSRP seems like a joke. Where I ordered my GT last week, they said the markup was going to be probably $20-25K. Ouch...
Old 10-07-2015, 08:52 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by daltron
I might have ordered a base 350, but even getting one at MSRP seems like a joke. Where I ordered my GT last week, they said the markup was going to be probably $20-25K. Ouch...
I'm thinking of maybe going for a 2016
Tech Pack
Black roof
Deep Impact Blue.
But only if they will go for MSRP, not a dime over, and even at that, it's still a maybe, that's a lot of coin.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:46 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Tech Pack
Black roof
Deep Impact Blue.
But only if they will go for MSRP, not a dime over, and even at that, it's still a maybe, that's a lot of coin.
AK,

You better plan on buying a new GT & putting together your own car! I'd be surprised if you will get one for MSRP for a long time, if ever! In my area you can't even buy a GT 500 for MSRP unless the next year's model is arriving, & then you take what's left on the lot. At my local dealership they have GT 350's ordered, but they aren't even going to even allow the sales manager to test drive one! My guy gave me a killer price on my 2016 GT, but he said forget it on a GT 350! Like so many other low production models, you have to pay a lot for the bragging rights of saying I have a ......

I really hope I'm wrong for your sake.

I don't want a GT 350, but I'd sure like to take one for a spin... well, not really a spin... just a snappy drive! If you get one, PM me your address so I can bring my supercharged 5.0 up there & see if I can keep up with you..... at least until we get to a curve.... then I'll politely wave goodbye to you! Should be a hell of a car! Hope you can get one!

Last edited by Mr. D; 10-08-2015 at 03:55 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:01 AM
rjwz28

Originally Posted by Mr. D
AK,

You better plan on buying a new GT & putting together your own car! I'd be surprised if you will get one for MSRP for a long time, if ever! In my area you can't even buy a GT 500 for MSRP unless the next year's model is arriving, & then you take what's left on the lot. At my local dealership they have GT 350's ordered, but they aren't even going to even allow the sales manager to test drive one! My guy gave me a killer price on my 2016 GT, but he said forget it on a GT 350! Like so many other low production models, you have to pay a lot for the bragging rights of saying I have a ......

I really hope I'm wrong for your sake.

I don't want a GT 350, but I'd sure like to take one for a spin... well, not really a spin... just a snappy drive! If you get one, PM me your address so I can bring my supercharged 5.0 up there & see if I can keep up with you..... at least until we get to a curve.... then I'll politely wave goodbye to you! Should be a hell of a car! Hope you can get one!
Originally Posted by daltron
Tech Pack
Black roof
Deep Impact Blue.
There are almost always dealers willing to sell at MSRP... I'd rather pay a grand or two to ship a car from a fair dealer than pay $10k ADM to a greedy one.

That said, if somebody pays ADM to stay with their local dealer and get the car quick, I don't begrudge them that right. It's not my money.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:02 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

There are almost always dealers willing to sell at MSRP... I'd rather pay a grand or two to ship a car from a fair dealer than pay $10k ADM to a greedy one.

That said, if somebody pays ADM to stay with their local dealer and get the car quick, I don't begrudge them that right. It's not my money.
Of course! People can do anything they want with their own money. A person could also fly there, & enjoy driving it home on a mini vacation.... if you have the time. I suggested a sale with my Ford guy to a buddy where he could fly in to an airport 45 minutes from the dealer & drive a Mustang home to Utah through Las Vegas stopping to show it off at the Shelby Shop in Las Vegas! The lower price would makeup for his travel costs! I hope you guys can get a GT350 for MSRP, but I doubt the supply will allow it. I think people will line up to pay the premiums like kids camping out to get the latest iPhone!

Surprisingly, the three best bids I got on my 2016 GT all came from smaller dealers! Good Luck!
Old 10-09-2015, 10:52 AM
rjwz28

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Of course! People can do anything they want with their own money. A person could also fly there, & enjoy driving it home on a mini vacation.... if you have the time. I suggested a sale with my Ford guy to a buddy where he could fly in to an airport 45 minutes from the dealer & drive a Mustang home to Utah through Las Vegas stopping to show it off at the Shelby Shop in Las Vegas! The lower price would makeup for his travel costs! I hope you guys can get a GT350 for MSRP, but I doubt the supply will allow it. I think people will line up to pay the premiums like kids camping out to get the latest iPhone!

Surprisingly, the three best bids I got on my 2016 GT all came from smaller dealers! Good Luck!
I know that a bunch of the early birds have ordered GT350s at MSRP for sure. I haven't heard of any Rs selling at MSRP yet.

I think I'd do the drive home, personally.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:58 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I know that a bunch of the early birds have ordered GT350s at MSRP for sure. I haven't heard of any Rs selling at MSRP yet.

I think I'd do the drive home, personally.
Well, that's good news! I hope they do that with the "R's" too in a way that shows respect for the average Ford customer that has to work damned hard saving to buy their dream car!

I don't like any company publishing a price (MSRP) & then winking at the dealer saying, "Get as much as traffic will bear!" I think it shows a lack of respect of the average guy that has supported that company with years of purchases of their product! Why not just do away with the MSRP, & advertise these low production cars at each dealership & auction them off to the highest bidder! Let me be VERY clear that it's none of my business" if a person wants to pay an additional $10 or $20K premium to "be allowed to buy" a car..... but if I was a billionaire I still wouldn't do it. I sent a letter to a local dealer trying to make over $24K profit on a 50th Year Anniversary Model! I told the Gen. Manager I would never buy anything at all from that dealership. A salesman at the dealership told me privately he felt the same, but needed a paycheck. Of course it's a dealer's "legal" right to sell a Mustang at any price, but it tells me a lot about how the dealer looks at the idea of providing "value" for their customers. It's probably legal to sell a quart of water for $10. to a person that is stranded in the desert, but I don't have to respect those who do it! I don't need any car that much! I don't mean to irritate GT 350 lovers! Just expressing one guy's opinion! I hate to agree with AK (ever), but some guys work damned hard to come up with the MSRP, & that's what a car should be sold for if you respect Ford Customers! End of rant! Sorry!

Last edited by Mr. D; 10-10-2015 at 03:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Orders